Coquimbo Sewing Kit
Last updated date: July 13, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sewing Project Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sewing Project Kit you should buy.
Update as August 30, 2021:
Checkout The Best Sewing Project Kit for a detailed review of all the top sewing project kits.
This sewing project kit comes with needles, threads, scissors, buttons, thimble, threader tools, seam ripper and all the necessary sewing tools. The case is sturdy and well organized.
In our analysis of 84 expert reviews, the Coquimbo Sewing Kit placed 3rd when we looked at the top 20 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PERFECT SEWING KIT — The kit contains all the necessary tools that are required for performing basic repairs – be it a needles, threads, scissors, buttons, thimble, threader tools, seam ripper and all sewing tools, everything neatly packaged ready for your use. EASY TO USE — Items won’t fall out when you open the case, needles in separate closed box for safety, and other items securely tucked in place with attractive black elastic bands. A kit that in a true sense makes your life easier SMART AND COMPACT – Compact design making it convenient to carry in style anywhere you travel. With this kit in your bag, you will never have to find a tailor for the basic repairs, be more self-sufficient and take care of small repairs yourself A USEFUL GIFT – The sewing kit is an amazing gift for a frequent traveler, mother, grandmother, a backpacker, little girls! The kit is equally good for use by both men and women, and is definitely something that people would love to use 100% SATISFACTION MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE – If you don’t feel 100% satisfied, we will refund your money, no questions asked. Buy with confidence and peace of mind. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations. You can find her show on Prime Video.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sewing Project Kits
Sewing is an excellent skill to have whether you want to make small repairs to your clothes or create your own fashions. When you’re just starting out, it’s hard to know which of the different tools you will need. Plus, if you want to complete a specific kind of project — a craft for example — you may need to purchase specialized items for the job. A sewing project kit is a great choice when you need a number of different tools and threads for your tasks.
“Sewing project kits are available for either a specific project or a type of task,” says Vicki Liston, writer, producer and narrator of “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er. “For example, a basic sewing project kit would have the tools you’d typically use for many projects, such as measuring tape, fabric scissors, a seam ripper, needles, pins and a few different colored thread spools.”
This is a handy purchase for those who do not have any sewing tools and want to start working on several different kinds of sewing projects.
“Conversely, a specific kit might include only the fabric, thread, buttons and other materials needed to make a cute stuffed purple unicorn,” says Liston. “In the case of the former, you are purchasing the tools for several potential projects as well as emergency mending needs, and in the latter, you are only purchasing what you require for that particular finished item.”
When you’re on the hunt for sewing kits, it’s important to keep your skill level in mind.
“If you are looking for a specific project to complete, kits not only come in a variety of cool options but they are tailored to skill level and age,” says Liston. “If you’ve never picked up a needle and thread in your life, the beginner skill kits will include detailed step-by-step instructions, vivid pictures, and usually pre-cut fabric.”
This is a good choice for older kids who are interested in sewing as well as novice adults. Liston adds, “The more intermediate level kits will still include instructions but you’ll need to measure and cut out patterns and fabric yourself.”
If you’re looking for sewing kits that are created for specific ages, keep an eye out for the sharp objects.
“Rounded scissors and blunt needles are best for little fingers as they encourage their fine motor skills while minimizing the potential for bloodshed and tears. Adult-appropriate kits should include the real deal — sharp fabric scissors, needles and pins,” shares Liston.
The Sewing Project Kit Buying Guide
- One of the most important elements to pay attention to when purchasing a sewing project kit is what the package includes. You don’t want to end up with things you don’t need — or be missing items you really want. “Before purchasing a sewing project kit, read the list of included items first,” reminds Liston. “If you are making a specific one-time project, ensure it contains all the needed materials and tools. It can be disappointing to open a new kit, only to find that the manufacturer assumed you already had a plethora of pins on hand.” Be sure to also pay attention to the quality of the items inside. “A basic sewing project kit, meant to be used for project after project, should always contain high-quality, durable tools that will last you for years,” says Liston.
- Another important factor to consider when thinking about which sewing project kit to purchase is the location of your activity. “Where will you be using your sewing project kit?” asks Liston. “If you plan to sew primarily at home, I recommend a larger-sized kit that will allow you to grow into it. The container should permit you to keep its contents neatly organized and easy to locate within its compartments, elastic straps or pockets. There’s nothing worse than sticking your hand into a kit and meeting the wrong end of a needle,” Liston adds. For many sewers, it’s also important to take into account the look of the kit. “Kits come in myriad colors and styles to complement your décor; some blend so well that you may not even know they are for sewing,” says Liston.
- On the other hand, keep mobility in mind if you need to use your sewing tools out of the house. “If you know you’ll be sewing on-the-go more often than not — on-the-spot mending scenarios — opt for a smaller, more compact kit,” guides Liston. “These are lightweight, can be tucked away in a purse, backpack, or car and are at the ready when you need them.”
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide