Cooler Kitchen EZ-Grip Silicone & Porcelain Mortar & Pestle
Last updated date: July 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mortar And Pestles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mortar And Pestle you should buy.
Editor's Note July 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mortar And Pestle for a detailed review of all the top mortar and pestles.
This mortar and pestle set has an anti-slip design, so it doesn’t move around while grinding ingredients. It can be put in the dishwasher to clean.
In our analysis of 89 expert reviews, the Cooler Kitchen Cooler Kitchen EZ-Grip Porcelain Mortar & Pestle placed 2nd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The mortar & pestle is an ancient tool that's been around for millennia, with the earliest ones found dating back to 35,000 BC. Through the ages, this mechanism been used for hundreds of purposes from cooking to pharmacy & pharmacology to masonry, and is a utensil that no modern kitchen should be without. Handy and convenient to use, mortar & pestles also add a touch of stoic flair to any kitchen décor. Our Cooler Kitchen EZ-Grip Mortar & Pestle WILL NOT SLIP or slide all over your counter every time you try to use it to crush. You need something that stays firmly in place! Our Mortar has a silicone base, to keep it firmly still while you grind. Also for added convenience, our Pessle has a silicone EZ-GRIP Handle to make it easier to get the perfect grip to easily grind. No more struggling to find the right grip! Great as a muddler to muddle ingredients for drinks. Crushing the fibers of herbs, as opposed to chopping through them (like with a spice grinder), releases the full range of essential oils, flavors and aromatics that they contain. Hand grinding is what gives chili and curry pastes that distinctive breadth and depth of flavor that you won't find if you're prepping ingredients with a food processor. Our Mortar & Pestle is the best for: powdering herbs, grains, spices, coffee, nuts, roots, teas, bread, crackers, biscuits, fine powders, chemistry and laboratory use, or even for crushing medications for pets and humans alike. Also ideal for unlocking the hidden oils in your pantry of dry spices. The sky is the limit! This Morter & Pestle is absolutely dishwasher safe, but also easy to clean in your sink with some soap and water. The apothecary-grade porcelain material is strong and non-porous. More versatile than a Japanese suribachi, Mexican granite molcajete, or Turkish or Thai mortars. pulverizer, crusher or pessel and base of mortor is covered in food grade black silicone and can take a pounding without breaking.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mortar And Pestles
If you like making herbaceous or garlic-infused sauces from scratch or enjoy the feeling of working with your hands in the kitchen, then a mortar and pestle is a must-have tool for you. A pestle is a small club-like gadget used to pound ingredients inside the mortar, which is a small bowl. Together, they are a useful duo that helps home cooks and chefs create delicious recipes.
In the kitchen, a mortar and pestle is used to mix wet or oily ingredients to make recipes such as guacamole, hummus and pesto. A mortar and pestle is also used for grinding spices down to a fine powder. However, the kitchen isn’t the only place where a mortar and pestle come in handy. They also have a special place in medicine. Traditionally, mortars and pestles were used in pharmacies to crush various medicines together to create a prescription.
Mortar and pestles can be made from several different ingredients, each lending specific benefits to the user. Ceramic ones are often found throughout Italy and Spain. They are used for grinding up ingredients and making liquid sauces. Marble mortar and pestles are great for grinding dry spices, but the inside is too slippery for crushing up herbs effectively. Granite mortar and pestles are most popular in Thailand and India. The irregular texture of the bowl makes it easier to grind ingredients. Wood ones are most popular in the Mediterranean. However, keep in mind that they absorb the flavors of the food pounded in them.
When on the hunt for a good mortar, be sure to find one that is hefty and durable. Feel the inside with your fingers. It’s important to have a little bit of roughness, but not so much that it is difficult to clean. Ones that are too smooth are very slippery and make it difficult to crush ingredients. Look for a tall, rounded shape to keep ingredients from falling out. Opt for pestles that are broad with a gently rounded base. This keeps ingredients from slipping out underneath it.
The Mortar And Pestle Buying Guide
- For home cooks and professionals alike, the material your mortar and pestle is made from is of the utmost importance. The kind you need will depend on how you primarily plan on using it in the kitchen. The ChefSofi Mortar and Pestle Set is made out of unpolished heavy granite. The set is durable and heavy, and will not slip during use. Other models have a double stainless steel construction. Look for a functional design and a non-skid base to keep it in place. The Cooler Kitchen Silicone & Porcelain Mortar and Pestle is made out of apothecary-grade porcelain, which means that it’s easy to clean and doesn’t absorb any flavors or odors. The Sagler Marble Grey Mortar & Pestle is constructed from solid white marble with gray accents. It has an unpolished and natural rough interior.
- As with any kitchen tool, easy cleanup is a major buying factor. After all, if you’ve been working in the kitchen all day, having to scrub the gadgets you used isn’t going to be a lot of fun. When buying your mortar and pestle, opt for one that is designed to be cleaned without too much scrubbing. The ChefSofi Mortar and Pestle Set can be washed with just warm water. It does not need any soap to be cleaned. Stainless steel models are low maintenance and easy to clean. Some even have a mortar that comes with a lid that can be used while pounding ingredients to lessen any splatters and spills on the counter. The Cooler Kitchen Silicone & Porcelain Mortar and Pestle can be placed in the dishwasher, so it is very easy to keep clean. The Sagler Marble Grey Mortar & Pestle can be cleaned simply by wiping it down with a damp cloth. There is no need for scrubbing or soap.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide