COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player
Last updated date: May 15, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Portable DVD Players and dug through the reviews from 11 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, The Top Pro, Wiki EZ Vid, 5 Product Reviews, Top Ten Review Pro, Best Products, Top Guide Pro, 10 Techy, Motoring Essentials Guide, Zorba Cult, Appuals and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable DVD Player you should buy.
Gamers should consider the COOAU 11.5" Portable DVD Player, which not only plays DVDs, but also games. You'll get access to 180 retro games that you can download and play immediately. An affordable price and compatibility with a wide range of file formats top off this player's features. In our analysis of 70 expert reviews, the COOAU COOAU 11.5" Portable DVD Player placed 3rd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 21, 2019:
Checkout The Best Portable DVD Player for a detailed review of all the top portable dvd players.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
COOAU is a professional company specialized in research, development, manufacture and marketing in the field of Portable DVD Player. Customer first has always been our starting point. Capacity of USB/SD card: 32GB, more convienient for your family using when on vacation. It supports DVDs from different countries. No worries about region restriction. It supports not only sync to your TV to enjoy a larger screen, but also your another DVD player. It bring a lot of convenience for your kids to share a same cartoon or movie. It is not only a dvd player, but also a game player, which brings you and your kids lost of fun during vacation or at home. We offer our customer a free game controller and a link including 180 classic games. There is a port which you can plug your headphone or speaker in. When you on your way, it is very easy for you to enjoy your movies and cartoons (only the 3.5mm computer headphone acceptable) . And you can also connect with your speaker to enjoy a louder volume.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable DVD Players
Home DVD players may have largely been traded in for streaming, but portable DVD players are hotter than ever. For a couple of dollars a day, you can get a DVD from Redbox and keep kids entertained for hours on a long trip. But portable DVD players aren’t just for kids. They come in handy on long flights or when you’re a passenger on any trip, no matter how old you are.
If you haven’t bought a new portable DVD player in a while, you may be surprised how far they’ve come. They’re no longer limited to the basic fold-up screen with marginal quality and a cheap build. Today’s portable players have HD-quality screens that swivel for more flexible viewing. Some even have screens that are designed to protect your eyesight while you watch.
With portable electronics, battery life is always a consideration. You can get as much as five hours out of a full charge with some portable DVD players, which can cover a large part of even a full-day trip. In addition to that, some DVD players come with car chargers that will keep the device going long after your battery has fully depleted.
In addition to car chargers, portable DVD players have an array of accessories that come with them. There will, of course, be an A/C wall charger, but some also come with carrying cases to make it easy to load it up and take it along with you. Some DVD players also come with earbuds, but you may want to shop for those separately to choose the pair that fit your own preferences.
Memory may be something you don’t think about until you start using your DVD player. Some devices will remember where you were on your movie or TV show last, while others will start back at the beginning every time you start them up. If you plan to make a lot of stops while you’re watching, you’ll be glad you chose one with memory later.
DYWM Fun Fact
Panasonic introduced the first portable DVD player in 1998 with the release of two different models. The first was the DVD-L10, which had a 16:9 5-inch LCD screen. It was much heavier than today’s portable units. The DVD-P10 also launched that year and was marketed as the smallest and lightest portable DVD player. What was perhaps most notable about this launch, though, was the fact that DVD players, in general, were brand new to consumers. The first DVD players released in March 1997 — one from Panasonic and two from Toshiba. The technology had been in the works for a while, but concerns from Hollywood studios over copyright delayed their launch.
The Portable DVD Player Buying Guide
- No matter how powerful a DVD player is, it won’t matter if you have a lackluster screen. The NAVISKAUTO 14-In HD Portable DVD Player packs an HD screen with 1366 X 768 resolution and an LED backlit panel. The COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player has a decent HD screen, with 800 X 480 resolution.
- You’ll never get the big screen experience with a portable DVD player, but you don’t have to settle for the smallest screen, either. The NAVISKAUTO 14-In HD Portable DVD Player has a larger-than-average screen for a portable unit, at 14 inches. You’ll get 10.1 inches with the SYNAGY 10.1″ Portable DVD Player, 9.5 inches with the COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player and 9 inches with the SPACEKEY 9-In Portable DVD Player.
- Gamers should consider the COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player, which operates as both a DVD player and a gaming console.
- Modern DVD players don’t just flip up. They also swivel around to help you find the perfect position. The NAVISKAUTO 14-In HD Portable DVD Player, SPACEKEY 9-In Portable DVD Player, COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player and SYNAGY 10.1″ Portable DVD Player all swivel a full 270 degrees. The COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player can also flip 180 degrees.
- Portable DVD players often spend hours away from a power source. It’s important to look for a player that has the longevity you need. The NAVISKAUTO 14-In HD Portable DVD Player and COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player can each last for five hours on a full charge. With the SPACEKEY 9-In Portable DVD Player, you’ll get four hours of battery life.
- You’ll probably be using headphones while listening to a portable DVD player. But on the off chance you need sound, you should look for one that has strong audio. This is rare in a portable DVD player, but you can find it with the NAVISKAUTO 14-In HD Portable DVD Player, which has rich, crisp audio.
- Most DVD players will come with at least a wall charger, but there are some extras that may come in handy. If you want a case to help with carrying your DVD player around, you’ll like the NAVISKAUTO 14-In HD Portable DVD Player. It includes a carrying case that even has handles.
- A remote control can also help, especially if you’re mounting your DVD player on the back of a seat. The NAVISKAUTO 14-In HD Portable DVD Player, COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player and SYNAGY 10.1″ Portable DVD Player all come with remotes.
- One bonus with the COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player is access to 180 retro games you can download to get you started.
- Although you can purchase them separately, the SYNAGY 10.1″ Portable DVD Player comes with a pair of stereo earbuds.
- A feature you don’t miss until you don’t have it is the break-point memory function. This feature remembers where you were when you stopped watching a movie or listening to a song, picking back up again in that same spot. The NAVISKAUTO 14-In HD Portable DVD Player, SPACEKEY 9-In Portable DVD Player and COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player all include break-point memory functionality.
- You may be surprised at how affordable portable DVD players are. The SPACEKEY 9-In Portable DVD Player, COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player and SYNAGY 10.1″ Portable DVD Player each retail for less than $100. The NAVISKAUTO 14-In HD Portable DVD Player is a little pricier, but still available for less than $150.
- Compatibility is also a consideration. The COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player is compatible with a wide variety of formats, including all CDs and DVDs, regardless of their region code. You’ll also get support for USB and SD cards. It’s compatible with a variety of file formats, including MPEG, AVI, VOB, XVID, MP3 and WMA.