Contigo Snapseal Byron Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 20-Ounce
Last updated date: October 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Travel Coffee Mugs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Travel Coffee Mug you should buy.
Update as May 20, 2021:
Checkout The Best Travel Coffee Mug for a detailed review of all the top travel coffee mugs.
This is the perfect travel mug to toss into a bag since the snapseal is leakproof even when the mug is turned upside-down. Vacuum insulation keeps hot beverages warm and cold beverages cool for hours. It's great for driving since you can open the seal and take a drink, then seal it back again with one hand.
In our analysis, the Contigo Contigo Snapseal Byron Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 20-Ounce placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Snapseal lid technology is leak proof when closed. Drinks stay hot up to 7 hours or cold up to 18 with Thermalock vacuum insulation. Easy one handed drinking with a flip of the lid. Fits most car cup holders for a no hassle commute. Top rack dishwasher safe lid; Hand wash only stainless steel body. 100 percent BPA free.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Travel Coffee Mugs
Stopping by the coffee shop every day can get expensive. But with so many options when it comes to at-home coffeemakers, it’s easier than ever to make your own coffee and take it with you.
For that, you need a good travel mug. Options have improved in that area as well. Manufacturers have come up with innovative ways to keep hot beverages warm for hours. The most popular way to do that is through the use of double-wall insulation. That means that a mug is built with two walls all the way around, and an air pocket between the walls to provide extra protection against the elements.
But all the insulation in the world won’t help if air can get out through the top of the mug. That’s where a sealing lid can help. Unless you’ll be drinking your coffee within a half an hour of pouring it, look for a lid that seals when you aren’t taking a sip. That can keep your liquids protected for hours.
Some insulated mugs have lids that prevent leaks and spills, too. That means between sips, the lid seals up to keep everything inside. In addition to keeping outside air outside, this comes in handy if you want to toss it into your backpack or tote bag when you’re on the go.
The Travel Coffee Mug Buying Guide
- Travel coffee mugs are great for coffee and other beverages, too. You can use them for hot tea or cocoa, as well, and many are built to also keep cold beverages chilled for hours. That means you can pour in ice water, soda and other beverages and seal them up for hours of hydration.
- If you plan to drink hot tea, look for a mug that makes it easy to include your tea bags or infusers.
- Travel coffee mugs have different capacities. If you prefer a small, strong cup of coffee, look for a smaller mug. Those who pack extra creamer and sweeteners in each cup may want to look for a mug with a larger capacity.
- If you keep your mug in your car’s cupholder, pay close attention to one that will fit snugly inside without jiggling around as you turn sharp corners.
- Cleanup can be particularly complicated with some travel mugs. Some can be tossed onto the top shelf of your dishwasher, which adds convenience. Look at the lids of your coffee mug as well. Some need to be taken apart occasionally so that you can clean beneath seals or fasteners.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide