Contigo Autospout Ashland Water Bottle, 24oz , Monaco
Last updated date: November 16, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Reusable Water Bottles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Reusable Water Bottle you should buy.
Update as October 5, 2021:
Checkout The Best Reusable Water Bottle for a detailed review of all the top reusable water bottles.
In our analysis of 68 expert reviews, the Contigo 24 oz. Autospout Ashland Water Bottle placed 12th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Stay hydrated with the Contigo AUTOSPOUT Straw Ashland Water Bottle. This BPA-free water bottle features a pop-up straw for easy one-handed drinking so you don’t have to take your eyes off the task at hand. Push the spout down to close and your leak-proof lid is ready for on-the-go convenience. It even features a protective spout cover to keep out dirt and germs for cleaner drinking. For added peace of mind, engage the button lock to prevent the unintended pressing of the AUTOSPOUT button. A clip-on handle attaches your 24-ounce water bottle to your bag, backpack, or other gear for all-day hands-free carrying. Whether you’re speeding down the expressway or getting in that last mile on the treadmill, your new water bottle fits most cup holders. At the end of the day, unscrew the top and throw lid and body onto the top rack of your dishwasher for a no-fuss cleanup.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Reusable Water Bottles
Did you know that it can take up to 500 years for plastic water bottles to decompose after being dumped in a landfill? Instead of purchasing these disposable plastic bottles, consider helping the environment out by utilizing reusable water bottles. While you shop for a model that best suits your lifestyle, keep the following features in mind:
Examine the material used to make the bottle. Some models are made using food-grade 18/8 stainless steel, which is not only durable but also resists rust and discoloration. Other models are constructed from a BPA-free and non-toxic Tritan Co-Polyester plastic. It’s important that you don’t use a plastic water bottle that contains toxins, as they can leak into the water that you drink.
Check the bottle’s insulation next. A double-walled and vacuum-insulated model not only keeps your drinks cold for hours, but it can also keep hot drinks, like coffee and tea, warm for hours.
Review how the lid functions. Not only do you want the lid to prevent leaks and spills, but you also want it to be easy to use, especially if you’re working out and you only have one hand to spare. The Embrava 32 oz. Best Sports Water Bottle has a one-click opening mechanism, so you can take a sip of water while cycling, hiking or jogging in the park. Some models also include a protective spout that keeps dust and dirt from getting on the mouthpiece.
Don’t forget to check the size of the opening beneath the lid. Some bottles have a wide mouth that can fit most water filters, as well as ice cubes. Just keep in mind that some wide-mouth bottles are also wide at the base, making them unable to fit in most cup holders. While narrow-mouth water bottles don’t allow for the addition of ice cubes, they do provide better flow and they will fit in your car’s cup holders.
Consider any extras that the reusable water bottle may have to offer. For example, some bottles have an integrated carrying handle for easy travel. Other bottles come in a choice of as many as 22 different colors and patterns. There are even bottles that are designed to be elegant with frosted casings or matte finishes, as well as bottles that come with measurements so you can track your water intake throughout the day.
The Reusable Water Bottle Buying Guide
- Look for a product warranty or a money-back guarantee when deciding between a few different models. There are several companies that sell reusable water bottles that believe in their product so much that they actually offer a lifetime guarantee.
- When it comes to cleaning reusable water bottles, you’ll need to read the product care label. Some of these bottles are dishwasher safe, but only when placed on the top rack. Others have lids that are dishwasher safe, but the bottles themselves must be washed by hand. Then there are entire bottles that must be hand-washed, as none of their parts are dishwasher safe. To clean the bottles, simply use hot water with a little dish soap. A bottle brush can be used to reach the bottom of the bottle.
- If you use anything other than water in your reusable water bottle, it may begin to smell funky over time. There are two excellent methods you can choose from to get rid of those unpleasant smells. You can fill the bottle with two teaspoons of baking soda and warm water. Let the mixture sit for a few hours and wash as you normally would. Another option is to fill the bottle with white distilled vinegar and let it remain in the bottle overnight before washing with dish soap and water.
- When you’re ready to upgrade to a new water bottle, don’t throw the old one away. There are several ways you can reuse that bottle. If you have children, toss a few coins in the bottle to turn it into a homemade maraca. Another option is to cut the top portion of the water bottle off and use the bottom to hold office supplies or to hold your toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom.
- You’ll find reusable water bottles come in a wide range of prices. Models made from plastic without extra features are the most affordable. Stainless steel bottles are in the middle price-wise. On the high end, you’ll find the Embrava 32 oz. Best Sports Water Bottle, which is not only quality-made but also comes in its own gift box.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide