CONTEC Corded Electric LCD Display Sphygmomanometer
Last updated date: March 20, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top sphygmomanometers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best sphygmomanometer you should buy.
Update as March 20, 2023:
Checkout The Best Sphygmomanometer for a detailed review of all the top sphygmomanometers.
The large LCD display on this sphygmomanometer is color-coded and easy to read at a glance. The device operates with just the touch of a button and comes with the option to analyze readings in the form of graphs. In fact, the sphygmomanometer is able to store up to 300 readings at a time.
In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the CONTEC Corded Electric LCD Display Sphygmomanometer placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Accurate 3 Mode 3 Cuffs:The CONTEC08A Upper Arm Monitor,complete with 3 cuffs.Digital blood pressure monitors can be a household sphygmomanometer which is used for adult,pediatric and neonatal.The different size cuffs make it so perfect for assessing various person making your readings more accurate. 3 sizes of easy-wrap cuffs inflate 360° around the upper arm to help reduce measurement errors, including 8.7″-12.6″ adults cuff, 7.1″-10.2″ child cuff, 3.9″-7.5″ infant cuff. Large storage Stores up to 300 readings:CONTEC blood pressure monitor has a large memory feature.It can satisfy the measurements for all your family.It remains numbers,for it is very convenient to take it along and your doctor can see your daily readings. High-definition color LCD display:CONTEC08A is a desktop Electronic Sphygmomanometer,High-definition color LCD display,Strong visibility.It is very friendly to the elderly.Advanced accuracy with oscillometry measure method, graded deflation measurement for precise readings.Please note:There’s screen protecter for our this monitor,please you can take it off.Then you’ll find a perfect screen. Free PC Software:PC software can achieve data review, analysis measure results,seeing trend,printing reports and other functions.The bp monitor will automatically alert you if it detects irregular blood pressure(alarm limits can be set). Contents in the package: CONTEC08A bp monitor*1,USB cable*1,3 cuffs(Adult,pediatric,infant),user manual*1,Downloadable PC Software(Please note:There’s no CD in the package,please kindly download the software through link.There’s instructions in the package box.).
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sphygmomanometers
A sphygmomanometer is an important medical device that is used to measure a person’s blood pressure. The reading consists of systolic (level your pressure raises to during a heartbeat) and diastolic (level your pressure rests at in between heartbeats) levels. If your blood pressure tends to run too high or too low, you may want to purchase a sphygmomanometer to keep an eye on it at home.
When shopping for a sphygmomanometer, determine where you’re the most comfortable placing the cuff. While most models are wrapped around the upper arm, there are blood pressure devices that slide up over your wrist. The Paramed Automatic Wrist Sphygmomanometer is one such model. It even comes with a handy carrying case, which is a nice bonus if you tend to travel frequently.
Review the materials used to construct the sphygmomanometer. This is important for two reasons. First, you want a unit that is comfortable. Second, if you suffer from a latex allergy, you need to go with a model that is hypoallergenic. The Paramed Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer is made from an extra-durable nylon and a soft Velcro strip. The body is constructed from a durable zinc alloy, and the valve is equipped with a reticulated filter that keeps dust from clogging up the device.
Check how easy the sphygmomanometer is to use. If you’re in the medical profession, a manual model is probably what you’re used to using; however, manual sphygmomanometers are more difficult for laypeople to get the hang of. An automatic version might be better. The Lovia Upper Arm Automatic Sphygmomanometer has an easy-to-read LCD screen. The screen is on the larger side and the unit uses just one button to start and stop the reading.
Look at what readings the sphygmomanometer is able to provide. Some models are only capable of giving you your blood pressure results, while others include your pulse. There are even devices that alert you when they detect an irregular heartbeat. If you need to keep track of your blood pressure readings over a period of time, consider a unit with a memory function. This function is designed to hold between 90 and 120 of your most recent results.
The Sphygmomanometer Buying Guide
- It is important to check that everything you need to use the sphygmomanometer is included with your purchase. Several models require the use of a stethoscope to take readings with their cuff, so if you don’t already own one, you’ll need to count the cost of buying one separately.
- While manual sphygmomanometers don’t require power to produce readings, automatic models do. Check to the type and number of batteries required to operate the automatic device, so you can purchase them at the same time. Otherwise, you’ll get the sphygmomanometer and not be able to use it.
- If you have more than one individual in your home that needs to keep track of their blood pressure, consider a automatic sphygmomanometer with a two-user interface.
- Always check the instruction booklet provided with your blood pressure monitor, as it will show you the proper position to be in to obtain accurate results. For example, when using a wrist sphygmomanometer, you need to keep your arm at a 45-degree angle instead of flat on a table.
- When it comes to the cost of a sphygmomanometer, you’ll find that most units are within a dollar or two of each other. So, the Paramed Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer, Paramed Automatic Wrist Sphygmomanometer and Lovia Upper Arm Automatic Sphygmomanometer can be purchased based off of user preference, as their cost is pretty much equal.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide