conda Double-Sided Hardbound Sketch Book
Last updated date: October 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sketch Books and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sketch Book you should buy.
Editor's Note October 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Sketch Book for a detailed review of all the top sketch books.
Thanks to this sketch book's spiral binding, you can quickly move to a new page, while also keeping the book nice and flat. The book's cover is double-sided, smooth and waterproof, which means your drawings are protected. With each purchase, you'll get 80 sheets of acid-free paper that has a fine texture for working with a wide variety of media, including pencils, charcoal and gel pens.
In our analysis of 66 expert reviews, the conda conda Double-Sided Hardbound Sketch Book placed 2nd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SPIRAL BOUND DRAWING PAD: The spiral provides better access easily flip the pages over to the backs,allow you to open your sketch book flat and sketch without removing pages and it will keep these papers nice and secure at all times. HARDBOUND SKETCH PAD: Double-Sided handmade hardcover and the paper is perfect for all artistic drawings and sketches. It is hard bound textured, black, slick-smooth, and waterproof cover. It definiantly helps protect your artwork. The pages are pretty sturdy and can withstand hard pressure and repeated erases.This would make a great gift ever for all of the artists in your life,one they can treasure forever. HIGH QUALITY PAPER: 80 sheets each pad of 90gsm 60lb fine textured bright paper ; Each Page has a Perforated Edging for Easy Tearing; Acid free, and unblenched paper. Ideal for all dry media including pencil, pen, pastels, charcoal, sketching sticks,gel pen and so on .NOT applicable to markers. PERFECT KEEPSAKE: If you takes the time to fill this book up with nice drawings this will make a really nice keepsake and something you will be able to hold on to for decades. QUALITY ASSURANCE: No risk – unconditional ONE YEAR guarantee – if you are not happy with this product simply return it inside 365 days for a full refund - no questions asked.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Artist and art educator
Artist and educator Amy Markham is the creator of Starling, a podcast dedicated to helping artists develop depth in their creative practice. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, Amy has been an art educator since 2001. Today, she teaches middle school art at a school outside of Memphis, Tennessee. Her personal artwork explores myth-making and symbolic understandings. Through her brand, Starling Creative Living, she leads others to explore art production as a method for enriching their life experience.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sketch Books
You never know when your next creative idea will strike, so it’s a good idea to have a sketch pad and drawing utensils handy. Not all sketch pads are created equal, however. So before you purchase one, you’ll want to take into consideration a few important features.
First, determine whether the company producing the sketch pad takes measures to protect the environment. For example, some brands only use paper created from certified sustainable forests. They prominently display a sticker with this information right on the front cover of the pad.
Next, decide whether you’d like the sketch pad to have a soft or hardcover. Soft covers tend to come with a spiral binding, which allows you to quickly flip through the pages. But, they can also be susceptible to damage and tearing when placed in a bookbag. Hardcovers protect the pages better, and if you opt for a leather cover, you’ll also enjoy the anti-slip surface.
Consider the shape of the sketchbook pages. Traditional pads are rectangular in shape, but now artists have the option of buying square-shaped sketch pads. The benefit to this shape is that it’s better for sharing pictures of the sketches on social media.
The size of your sketchbook is also important. “Is it something you plan to carry with you and use on the go? If so, think about where it needs to fit,” says art educator Amy Markham. Her podcast “Starling” helps artists develop their creative process. “Will you carry it in a backpack, a purse or a pocket? Some people prefer to have a smaller sketchbook to carry around and a larger one for planning out ideas when they are at home.”
Finally, you’ll need to think about what sort of paper is best suited to your needs. “If you are mainly using your book for pencil sketches and the occasional pen, then standard sketchbook paper will work. If you are using markers, inks or some light watercolors, opt for a mixed media paper,” says Markham. “Sketch paper will not absorb wet media. If you know you are going to be painting often in your sketchbook, go for a watercolor paper sketchbook.”
Don’t forget to check the thickness, weight and absorbency of the pages as well. Thinner pages will leave press-through impressions on the pages behind them.
The Sketch Book Buying Guide
- You can frame your favorite sketches and give them away as gifts or use them to decorate your home. If the sketch pad page is not the same size as a traditional frame, you can take it to a craft store and have a custom frame made.
- Sketching just a few minutes every day is a great way to improve your speed and accuracy.
- You don’t have to confine yourself to using the sketch pad for drawings only. You can also write to-do lists in them, create calendars or document your observations when bird watching. Another option is to use the pad as a visual journal, combining your written thoughts with important images that remind you about the day. If you travel, for example, you may wish to draw the Eiffel Tower and then write about the sites and sounds you experienced from the observation deck.
- Keep your sketchbook away from any liquids. Accidental spills can ruin the pad’s pages.
- When it comes time to compare sketch pad prices, you need to consider whether the book has a hard or softcover. Sketch pads with a hardcover, like the Moleskine Art Plain Sketch Book, 104-Page, command a higher price than those with soft covers, like the conda Double-Sided Hardbound Sketch Book. The Arteza Sketch Book, Pack of 3 contains multiple pads, so you’ll need to divide the number of pads by the total cost to determine the price per sketchbook.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide