Conair Velvet Touch Paddle Brush
Last updated date: April 4, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Paddle Hair Brushes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Paddle Hair Brush you should buy.
Editor's Note May 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Paddle Hair Brush for a detailed review of all the top paddle hair brushes.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the Conair Conair Velvet Touch Paddle Brush placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Conair's velvet touch paddle brush in salon black and silver has a soft touch handle for a more comfortable hold. The flexible cushion base massages your scalp and acts like a mini shock absorber for stress free brushing. Ball tipped bristles will not snag or pull hair while you detangle and style. This wide headed brush is designed to gently detangle wet or dry hair. Use it for everyday brushing of all hair lengths or for that daily inch100 strokes inch of hair maintenance. Especially good for thick hair, the flat wide head creates smooth styles on medium to long hair and is great for blow drying straight styles. It's one of the must have brush styles simple and easy to use beauty technology for your best look.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Paddle Hair Brushes
Do you feel that your hair tangles easily? Is frizz often a problem? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you’ll want to invest in a paddle hairbrush. Paddle brushes are also sometimes referred to as flat brushes. They are designed to leave your hair nice and smooth. You’ll need to keep your hair type and desired look in mind as you browse the available paddle brushes on the market.
Determine whether you’ll be using the brush while your hair is wet or dry. Although some models are listed as working on both wet and dry hair, others are designed for only one of these conditions. For example, the Wet Brush IntelliFlex Detangler Hair Brush Paddle uses a special AquaVent design, so that consumers can use it in the shower while their hair is still wet. The vents keep water from collecting inside the brush and aid the brush in drying quickly after each use.
Take a look at the brush’s construction next. Some models are made from plastic and others wood. The Nipoo Detangling Paddle Hair Brush is made from 100% bamboo, which is extremely durable. The bamboo bristles also have rounded tops that work to massage your scalp. This accomplishes two things. It evenly distributes your hair’s natural oils and it increases the circulation around your hair follicles.
Consider a paddle hairbrush that is gentle at detangling knots if you have small children at home. The BESTOOL Boar Bristle Hair Brush uses a combination of boar bristles and nylon pins to carefully work through knots without pulling hair or causing split ends.
Check for any bonus features that the paddle hairbrush may have to offer. There are models that are great for gift-giving, as they come with free cleaning tools and carry cases. The Osensia Ionic Minerals Paddle Brush infuses its bristles with ionic minerals that repel static, resist heat and leave hair with an attractive shine.
The Paddle Hair Brush Buying Guide
- When you take proper care of your paddle hair brush, you’ll extend its life. It’s a good idea to regularly remove any collected hair from the brush’s bristles. Some models actually come with complimentary cleaning tools. If yours doesn’t, you can use a comb to reach under the brush’s bristles to lift the hair high enough to pull out with your hand. Once every three weeks, you’ll also need to give the brush a wash. A little warm water and shampoo is all you need. Set the brush out in the sun to dry before you use it again.
- Soft bristles may not be ideal for individuals with thick and coarse hair. They also aren’t as effective at reducing frizz.
- Check to see if the paddle hairbrush you’re interested in is part of a beauty care line. Some have detanglers, shampoos and conditioners that are specifically made to be used in conjunction with the brush.
- Always look for a product warranty or guarantee before you buy. There are plenty of companies that back the purchase of their paddle hairbrushes with 100% customer satisfaction guarantees or 12-month quality guarantees.
- The price of paddle hairbrushes varies slightly based on extra features and the quality of materials used to create the brush. The BESTOOL Boar Bristle Hair Brush and the Wet Brush IntelliFlex Detangler Hair Brush Paddle are basic and affordable, while the Nipoo Detangling Paddle Hair Brush is priced slightly higher due to its all-natural bamboo construction. You’ll pay the most for the Osensia Ionic Minerals Paddle Brush, which has bristles infused with ionic minerals.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide