Columbia Women’s Switchback III Adjustable Waterproof Rain Jacket
Last updated date: June 17, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as June 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Waterproof Jackets For Women for a detailed review of all the top .
Available in a wide range of colors, this waterproof jacket for women is both stylish and functional. The jacket features a waterproof nylon Hydroplus shell, along with polyester lining for warmth. The adjustable cuffs and drawstring help you customize the fit.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the Columbia Women's Switchback III Adjustable Waterproof Rain Jacket placed 3rd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
An everyday essential, this lightweight, waterproof rain jacket packs versatile protection in a variety of stylish color options. What’s more, packing down into its own pocket, you can keep this trusty jacket ready for any surprise downpour. A rain jacket is so lightweight and versatile it’s just as comfortable acting as an everyday windbreaker. Features adjustable cuffs and hem, full zip front, two hand pockets, and reflective accents to keep you safe and dry. Offered in an assortment of colors and sizes. Extended sizing available. Regular Fit. To ensure the size you choose is right, utilize our sizing chart and the following measurement instructions: For the sleeves, start at the center back of your neck and measure across the shoulder and down to the sleeve. If you come up with a partial number, round up to the next even number. For the chest, measure at the fullest part of the chest, under the armpits and over the shoulder blades, keeping the tape measure firm and level.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Over the years, technology has made it easy to manufacture a rain jacket that’s both lightweight and water-resistant. But there are so many different options now, it can be tough to know which one to choose. Paying close attention to the details on a rain jacket can help you find the best protection.
All the waterproof fabric in the world won’t help you if rainwater can slip in through the zipper or the seams. A high-quality rain jacket will have those features built in. But you’ll also want to look for a jacket marked as windproof. A wind-resistant jacket won’t necessarily keep you dry on the days when wind gusts are high.
Another feature to look for in a waterproof jacket is breathability. When it’s rainy outside, the warm, moist air between your body and the jacket can create an uncomfortable environment. Breathable jackets are typically designed to take advantage of something called moisture vapor transfer, which encourages the warm air to travel out of the jacket.
Lastly, if you’ll be carrying items with you, pockets can come in handy. But make sure your jacket has pockets that keep your items dry, especially if you’ll be storing electronics. Internal pockets can be especially useful for this.
The Buying Guide
- Many waterproof jackets aren’t machine washable. You’ll need to wash these jackets by hand and hang them to dry.
- Water-resistant and waterproof aren’t the same thing. Pay close attention to make sure you know what you’re getting.
- Some rain jackets are lightweight enough that you can pack them up and take them with you in a purse or backpack pocket. This can allow you to keep one handy at all times in case you need it, but it might not be as rainproof and windproof as a jacket that’s less lightweight.
- Rain jackets are designed to fit a range of sizes and builds, but many have adjustable cuffs and drawstrings at the bottom to help you tighten them and achieve a perfect fit. Some women’s jackets also have a drawstring at the waist area for a more flattering fit.
- A rain jacket with a removable hood will give your jacket a little more versatility.
- When considering fit, keep in mind that you’ll need to be able to wear your rain jacket on days when you’re wearing bulkier items, like sweaters and suit jackets, in addition to those days when you just have on a T-shirt.
- Some rain jackets fall below the hip to give your waist area protection against rain and wind.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide