Columbia Watertight II Waterproof Omni-Shield Shell Men’s Jacket
Last updated date: January 14, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Men's Jackets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Men's Jacket you should buy.
Update as March 8, 2022:
Checkout The Best Men’s Jacket for a detailed review of all the top men's jackets.
This men’s jacket is highly durable and made with Omni Shield technology. The coat is 100 percent waterproof and lightweight. It has a zippered closure and elastic details to keep water out.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Columbia Watertight II Waterproof Omni-Shield Shell Men's Jacket placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Shell: 100% Nylon; Lining: 100% Polyester. Imported. Zipper closure. Machine Wash. ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Men’s Watertight II Jacket is crafted of a waterproof nylon shell durable enough to withstand anything from drizzle to downpour at a moment’s notice. HANDY FEATURES: This rain jacket features an abrasion resistant chin guard, two zippered side pockets, elastic cuffs, and an elastic hem. COMFORT & WARMTH: Crafted of a waterproof 100% nylon shell, this rain jacket is lightweight while remaining protective. It also packs into your hand pocket. SNUG FIT: Elastic details and a zippered closure provide a snug, yet comfortable fit that allows for movement. OMNI-SHIELD – Go ahead, try and get dirty. Omni-Shield helps you stay clean and dry by resisting the absorption of liquids. Unlike most fabrics that absorb moisture, Omni-Shield repels moisture and dries quickly—avoiding stains and keeping you clean.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Men's Jackets
In many climates, a jacket is an absolute necessity. They keep you warm and dry during cold, windy or wet weather and ensure you stay comfortable whether you’re walking the dog or running errands. When searching for the right men’s jacket for you, consider the different types of styles available. Each one has its own advantages and uses.
A technical jacket is one that is lightweight but warm and waterproof. These types of jackets don’t have a lot of fancy features but they do a good job of protecting you from the cold. Technical jackets are typically slim fit so you have more freedom of movement. These types of jackets are perfect if you’re going hiking, shoveling snow or playing with your kids at the park. Another popular option are casual jackets. They prioritize both style and comfort and are heavier weight than technical jackets. They sometimes have features like button flaps, cargo pockets and fur accents on hoods. Formal jackets are typically woolen and designed with style as the key focus. This is what you’d wear to a night on the town in cold weather.
What is a men’s jacket made up of? There are two different elements. The outer shell, as the name suggests, is the outermost part of the coat. This layer is typically waterproof and provides protection again windy and wet weather. Some outer shells, if they are made from soft fabrics, may not be waterproof. Next comes the insulation, which is designed to trap air close to your body and keep you warm. There are several types of insulation, such as down, synthetic down and pile fabric.
The Men's Jacket Buying Guide
- What kind of insulation should you get in your men’s jacket? If you are going for ultra warmth, then down is your best choice. However, if you have allergies to bird feathers, it’s best to go with a synthetic option. Synthetic insulation is almost as warm as down but won’t leave you sneezing all day long. You can also find jackets that have hybrid insulation that contains both down and synthetic materials.
- Hood or no hood, that is the question. Many people find the hood a necessity in a jacket because it protects your head and neck. However, others find the hood a cumbersome attachment they never use. You can find jackets with removable hoods so you can take it off if it’s something you don’t want to have on the back of your coat.
- Consider what type of closures you prefer on your jacket. Some jackets have zippers, others have buttons and some have both. If you have a long coat with a zipper, make sure the zipper is double-sided so you can open it from the bottom as well. This offers more convenience and flexibility.
- How many pockets do you want in your jacket, and where do you want them? Most jackets will have at least two side pockets on the outside. Some also come with additional hidden pockets in the interior of the coat. Some jackets also have pockets on the chest on one or both sides. Keep in mind that some pockets have closures such as zippers and buttons while others are fully open.
- If you like to keep your hands in your pockets, then it’s best to get ones that are insulated or lined. In some jackets, there is no lining in the pockets, which means your hands will be cold.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide