Columbia Katelyn Crest Toddler Winter Coat
Last updated date: May 10, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Toddler Winter Coats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Toddler Winter Coat you should buy.
Update as May 10, 2021:
Checkout The Best Toddler Winter Coat for a detailed review of all the top toddler winter coats.
This girls' and toddlers' jacket is thoughtfully designed for the wear and tear kids will put on it by a brand known for high-quality outdoor wear. It stands up to the coldest winter weather, with extra insulation and a water-resistant shell.
In our analysis, the Columbia Columbia Katelyn Crest Toddler Winter Coat placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Nylon; 100% Polyester. Imported. Zipper closure. Machine Wash. COMFORTABLE WINTER JACKET: The Columbia Girl’s Katelyn Crest Jacket are available in a wide range of colors and makes for a toasty winter shell she'll love to wear on super chilly days. WINTER PARKA STYLING: This stylish winter coat comes with a faux fur trimmed hood. The cozy fur trim is just snuggly fun, and is removable, tucking away neatly into any pocket when no longer needed. WATER RESISTANT: Made from our Storm-Lite DP II Polyester material, this shell is designed to shield against a wet, slushy, and windy mix of elements. EXTRA INSULATED: Lined with our soft taffeta, and insulated with our extra deep Farenhot 240g insulation, this jacket really adds a nice touch of cozy warmth that will not disappoint. HANDY FEATURES: This jacket comes with two zippered fleece lined pockets to keep all of her treasures secure, while snug comfort-cuffs, and reflective detail adds safety.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Toddler Winter Coats
Unlike bears and seals, toddlers do not have thick coats of fur to keep them warm in the winter. It is their parents’ responsibility to protect them from the elements, and fortunately, there are more outerwear choices out there than ever before. The warmest option is usually an insulated jacket; these can be filled with down or synthetic materials.
Fleece jackets are not as warm as insulated ones, but they can act as middle layers under other jackets. They are also good for mild winter weather or shoulder seasons. They have light insulation, and they do not usually protect against the rain or snow.
Snow jackets are usually heavy and waterproof or water-resistant. Keep in mind that mobility is important, especially when children are outside playing. Stiff or cumbersome jackets can make it hard to move around, so if your child is uncomfortable, find another style for them.
The Toddler Winter Coat Buying Guide
- Down-filled jackets offer the most warmth, and they are lightweight. They are not as water-resistant, though, and they have to be laundered more carefully.
- Synthetic insulation costs less and is easier to wash, but it may not be as warm as down.
- Toddler-sized snowsuits provide the warmest option, and they work well for little ones who are still in diapers. Otherwise, taking off a child’s snowsuit so they can repeatedly go to the bathroom (especially during potty-training) can be inconvenient.
- If you buy a winter coat in a larger size (not so large that it’s cumbersome, of course), you might get two seasons out of it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide