Columbia Katelyn Crest Hooded Coat For Girls
Last updated date: August 13, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Coats For Girls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Coat For Girls you should buy.
Update as August 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Coats For Girls for a detailed review of all the top coats for girls.
This stylish winter coat for girls has extra insulation so that it keeps girls toasty in cold weather. The fur trim on the hood is easily removable when not needed. The coat has two zippered fleece-lined pockets to keep essentials safe.
In our analysis, the Columbia Columbia Katelyn Crest Hooded Coat For Girls placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A cold winter day essential, the Columbia Girl’s Katelyn Crest Jacket, is a water repellent coat loaded with versatile protection in a variety of fun and stylish color options. What’s more, its fur-trimmed hood adds parka styling for extra warmth and fun she’s sure to appreciate on super cold days. This cozy winter coat features an adjustable taffeta-lined storm hood, plus snug and comfortable cuffs designed to keep the heat in, while featuring a reflective accent for a touch of safety. Two zippered hand pockets, along with 240g of our Farenhot insulation will keep her cozy, warm, and dry in this off-weather jacket. Offered in many stylish colors and sizes. Regular Fit. To ensure the size you choose is right, utilize our sizing chart and the following measurement instructions: For the sleeves, start at the center back of your neck and measure across the shoulder and down to the sleeve. If you come up with a partial number, round up to the next even number. For the chest, measure at the fullest part of the chest, under the armpits and over the shoulder blades, keeping the tape measure firm and level.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Coats For Girls
Kids still want to go and play outside in the wet and cold months of the year. Whether it’s heading to the park, walking around with their friends or riding their bikes, a little cool air won’t keep them inside. That’s why it’s important to get a warm and waterproof coat for girls to ensure they stay snuggly while they explore the outdoors.
One of the most important things to look for is whether the coat absorbs moisture or repels it. A waterproof coat ensures that kids don’t get wet from rain, snow and hail. Ensure that the stitching on the inside of the coat is sealed. This keeps water from coming inside the coat through the seams. Note that the term “resistant to water” doesn’t mean waterproof.
While a waterproof coat will keep your kids dry, the insulation within the coat is what helps them stay warm. The level of insulation you need will depend on your climate. In many cases, coats are rated by temperature. Insulation options include down and synthetic materials, both of which are designed to hold heat and keep the body warm. Popular synthetic insulation includes Primaloft and Thinsulate.
The Coat For Girls Buying Guide
- If the coat traps too much heat inside without letting the material breathe, your child can begin to sweat, which is uncomfortable in cold weather. Check to see whether the outer material of the coat is breathable, like Gore-Tex.
- Depending on the age of your child, you’ll need to see whether they can put on their coat by themselves and take it off independently. This means looking at the fasteners, such as zippers and buttons, and showing kids how to do them up. Providing kids with this independence gives them confidence and keeps them safe.
- Each brand of coats for girls has its own sizing chart. Be sure to take measurements of your child and compare them to the sizing chart to land on the correct size. While kids grow quickly, it’s best not to get a coat that is too big on them as it can be uncomfortable to wear.
- While winter clothing is functional, it also helps kids express their fashion sense. Consider whether your child likes bright colors like pink and blue for their winter coat, or if they want a neutral like black or grey instead.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide