Columbia Heavenly Slip II Omni-Heat Winter Boots
Last updated date: July 27, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Winter Boots For Men And Women and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Winter Boot For Men And Women you should buy.
Update as July 27, 2021:
Checkout The Best Winter Boots For Men And Women for a detailed review of all the top winter boots for men and women.
Your feet will stay both warm and dry with these insulated boots, which uses a patented metallic dot technology in the interior lining to retain heat. The breathable fabric keeps moisture at bay and the bottom of the sole is patterned to provide anti-skid properties. A faux fur lining makes these super-soft.
In our analysis, the Columbia Columbia Heavenly Slip II Omni-Heat Winter Boots placed 6th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Synthetic Textile. Imported. Rubber sole. Shaft measures approximately mid-calf from arch. OMNI-HEAT: Our patented Heat Reflective garments are the ultimate body heat management system for outdoor performance. The interior lining consists of our metallic dot pattern designed to retain heat, while the breathable fabric dissipates moisture. OMNI-TECH: Our proprietary technology provides air-permeable protection that's waterproof and breathable, keeping mother nature's elements out, at the same time allowing the inside to breathe, keeping you dry and comfortable no matter the conditions. STYLE MEETS FUNCTION: The perfect combination of function and style, this sleek insulated boot draw subtle attention everywhere it goes, while keeping your feet warm and dry in the extremes. HANDY FEATURES: It features a soft faux fur collar and lining, excellent 200g insulation, a removable contoured PU footbed, and our signature Omni-GRIP non-marking traction rubber outsole make this boot perfect for any cold, icy days. TEMPERATURE RATINGS: Rated -25F/-32C for cold, heavy snow days.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Winter Boots For Men And Women
Keeping your feet warm during the chilliest winter months can be a challenge. You need a shoe that insulates your feet, but some fabrics that are great at retaining heat aren’t very breathable. And if your feet start sweating, the moisture can promote bacteria growth, leading to issues like athlete’s foot.
When buying winter boots, though, warmth is only one consideration. You’ll likely be wearing the boots in wet weather conditions, whether it’s snow, rain, ice or a combination of all three. You’ll need a build that at least repels water even if it’s not waterproof altogether. Also, make sure water can’t slip in through the tongue where your shoes are laced.
You’ll also naturally want to be comfortable while you’re wearing your boots. You can easily find footwear that not only keeps your feet warm and dry, but also prioritizes important features like arch support. Look for plenty of space for your toes to wiggle and a heel that doesn’t rub against you when you walk.
But even with all those considerations, you can’t forget style. How the boot looks matters, especially if you’ll be wearing them to work, school or social events. You can find them in a variety of colors and styles, but it’s important to consider what clothing you’ll typically be wearing with your boots, too.
The Winter Boot For Men And Women Buying Guide
- As popular and comfortable as genuine leather can be in footwear, winter boots are typically exposed to moisture, which can be a serious problem for this material. If you like the look of leather, consider opting for a pair with artificial leather that looks natural.
- Nylon is a great fabric for keeping water out of your shoes. When used in the upper (the entire part of the shoe that encloses the foot above the sole), it also promotes movement because it is more flexible than other fabrics.
- It’s important to take a look at the bottom of the shoe (outsole). You will be dealing with slippery conditions, so a surface that’s designed to be skid-resistant will be a big help.
- Fur linings are typical in winter boots, providing a level of warmth you might not get otherwise. But make sure the lining won’t restrict airflow and cause your feet to sweat.
- As you’re looking at a boot’s build, also pay attention to the tongue. You’ll want one that insulates your foot from wetness as well as the rest of the upper does.
- You don’t have to settle for neutral tones. Boots are available in a variety of colors that will add a little fun to your winter wardrobe.
- Tall winter boots can help keep more than your feet warm. Some come all the way up to the calf to make sure much of your lower body is protected from the elements.
- Consider sizing up so you can layer thick socks inside your shoes for additional warmth and comfort.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide