Columbia Glennaker Kids’ Raincoat
Last updated date: January 14, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kids' Raincoats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kids' Raincoat you should buy.
Editor's Note January 14, 2021:
Checkout The Best Kids’ Raincoat for a detailed review of all the top kids' raincoats.
Great for outdoor-loving little ones, the raincoat is made with 100 percent nylon, which is breathable, lightweight and hard-wearing.
In our analysis, the Columbia Columbia Glennaker Kids' Raincoat placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Shell: 100% Nylon; Lining: 100% Polyester. Imported. Zipper closure. Machine Wash. Advanced technology: Columbia youth boys' Glennaker rain jacket is crafted of a waterproof nylon shell durable enough to withstand anything from drizzle to downpour at a moment's notice. Handy features: this boys' Soft shell rain jacket features two zippered side pockets, elastic cuffs, an elastic hem, a hood, and reflective detailing to ensure ultimate security and protection for your little one. Comfort & warmth: crafted of a waterproof 100% Nylon shell, this boys' Rain jacket is lightweight while remaining protective. It's the perfect layering piece as well as the perfect first line of defense for rainy play dates. Snug fit: elastic details and a zippered closure allow for a snug, yet comfortable fit that allows for movement. Versatile staple: the lightweight waterproof shell and protective reflective detailing make this rain jacket a versatile staple for rainy climates.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kids' Raincoats
Raincoats are classic protection from wet weather, from light drizzles or heavy downpours. While the outerwear is an essential component of any adult’s wardrobe, raincoats are also must-have for children, who are more vulnerable to the elements. Whether you’re looking for the right one to protect your youngster during recess or during a hiking or camping adventure, there are many excellent options to choose from.
Most raincoats are thinner than the average winter coat, shielding the wearer from wind and unwanted moisture but not from overwhelming cold (for example, a snowstorm). Key elements to look for when shopping for a raincoat for your child include waterproof fabric (nylon and polyester are common materials), a zipper closure and a hood.
However, many boast additional features, including detachable hoods, multiple pockets, reflective properties for safe nighttime wear, and fleece or jersey lining. They also come in a variety of colors and prints, making it easy for kids to select one that fits their personality and wear it proudly.
The Kids' Raincoat Buying Guide
- A raincoat that is both breathable and waterproof guards against precipitation and perspiration, making it ideal for active kids.
- Kids’ raincoats with both zipper and Velcro closures offer extra protection from wet weather, while those with elastic cuffs or wrist enclosures prevent water from entering the sleeves.
- If your child is planning to wear the raincoat in cooler climates, a fleece-lined variety is a great option. However, you can easily boost the warmth factor of any unlined raincoat shell by dressing your little one in an extra layer such as a long-sleeved top or sweater.
- Lined kids’ raincoats are generally heavier than those that are not. Unlined raincoat shells, which can easily be stuffed in a backpack or suitcase, are more travel-friendly; some even come with their own travel bag.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide