Columbia Glennaker Hooded Waterproof Jacket For Boys
Last updated date: March 5, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hooded Waterproof Jackets For Boys and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hooded Waterproof Jacket For Boys you should buy.
Editor's Note February 24, 2021:
Checkout The Best Hooded Waterproof Jacket For Boys for a detailed review of all the top hooded waterproof jackets for boys.
Kids can slip on this hooded waterproof jacket when it starts to rain. The coat features elastic cuffs to keep sleeves dry. Reflective detailing keeps kids safe by making them more visible.
In our analysis of 6 expert reviews, the Columbia Columbia Glennaker Hooded Waterproof Jacket For Boys placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A must-have jacket designed to keep him dry and comfortable all adventure long with waterproof nylon fabric and advanced water-and-stain repellency. Columbia youth boys' Glennaker rain jacket is crafted of a waterproof nylon shell durable enough to withstand anything from drizzle to downpour at a moment's notice. Handy features: this boys' Soft shell rain jacket features two zippered side pockets, elastic cuffs, an elastic hem, a hood, and reflective detailing to ensure ultimate security and protection for your little one.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hooded Waterproof Jackets For Boys
Playing in the rain on a warm spring or fall day is one of the most enjoyable activities for kids. They get to splash around in the puddles on the sidewalk, dance around in the rain and have a blast just getting wet. It’s not something they get to do often, so the novelty of the activity makes it extra fun. Having a good waterproof jacket makes sure that their clothes don’t get wet.
There are many benefits to having a hooded waterproof raincoat, but one of the most important is that you can leave the umbrella at home. When their head and body are covered by sturdy waterproof material, they can have their hands free to feel the raindrops. Carrying an umbrella in the rain is also not easy for kids, who are still working on their coordination and gross motor skills. Plus, if kids need to carry their backpack home from school or are holding a toy like a ball, having their hands free makes it a lot easier. Plus, they can ride their bikes or scooters while wearing a hooded waterproof jacket to avoid getting wet in the rain. An umbrella would make it almost impossible.
Another great benefit of having a high-quality raincoat is that they are easy to collapse and transport. If the rain stops, they can just fold up their raincoat and slip it into their bag. Umbrellas are a lot bulkier, and often get forgotten at school or home.
In addition, many hooded waterproof jackets keep you warm as well as dry. Some come with removable liners while others have them sewn in. If it’s a chilly day and you want an extra layer of warmth, you can rely on your hooded waterproof jacket.
The Hooded Waterproof Jacket For Boys Buying Guide
- For the best waterproof material, look for a nylon or polyester shell. For the lining, opt for fleece, cotton or polyester. This combination will ensure that the hooded waterproof jacket is breathable and comfortable while keeping kids warm and dry. Opt for a jacket with a removable liner if you live in a climate where you have warm rainy days in addition to cool ones. This will provide you with more flexibility.
- Check to see if the hooded waterproof jacket is available in your kids’ size. Keep in mind that sizes vary by brand, so it’s best to look at a sizing chart if it’s available and take the necessary measurements. This will ensure you get the right size coat for your child. Most hooded waterproof jackets for boys are available in a wide range of sizes for toddlers, preschoolers and kids.
- Look for a sturdy zipper on the front of the raincoat as well as on any interior or exterior pockets. Remember that kids are often rough on their zippers, yanking them open or closed, so you’ll need something that can withstand that kind of force. Ideally, look for zippers that are not exposed to the elements and have a fabric overlay. This way, they won’t rust from the rain.
- Hooded waterproof jackets for boys are available in a number of different color combinations. Consider whether your child prefers neutral colors like black, grey or dark blue, or whether they want something bright and fun like yellow, red or orange.
- Having outer pockets on both sides is handy so that kids can put their hands in their pockets if they are cold. Inner pockets are great for keeping small items like keys secure while kids play with their friends.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide