Colgate 2-Sided Contour Changing Pad
Last updated date: July 24, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Changing Pads and dug through the reviews from 5 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, The Baby Swag, Julie Pro, 10 Best Product, Sweet Mom's Blog and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Changing Pad you should buy.
The Colgate 2-Sided Contour Changing Pad offers parents a pad that grows with baby. The side contours allow for safety when infants start to roll and squirm. In addition, the pad is Greenguard certified, which means the product has been proven to have low chemical emissions. In our analysis of 63 expert reviews, the Colgate Colgate 2-Sided Contour Changing Pad placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 24, 2019:
Checkout The Best Changing Pad for a detailed review of all the top changing pads.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The Colgate 2-Sided Contour Changing Pad, provides a secure cocoon for baby during diaper changes, and includes safety straps and screws to affix the pad to a changing table. The foam inside is made with high-quality, safe, CertiPUR-US certified foam. The cover is quilted for an extra layer of softness, and has a waterproof backing to protect the foam. In addition, the Colgate Contour changing pad is GREENGUARD Gold certified to meet low emissions standards. Use of a Colgate Changing Pad Cover is highly recommended for easy cleaning. A Colgate Changing Pad and Changing Pad Cover make a great baby shower gift for any expecting parents! Colgate products are proudly made in the USA.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Changing Pads
When you have a new addition on the way, the list of things you need gets longer by the day. There are cribs, car seats, bottles and, of course, the must-have changing table and pad. There are many changing pads on the market, but don’t worry — expert reviews will help you decide which one is best for you and your baby.
After you purchase the changing table and put it together, the changing pad will rest right on top. It is a miniature mattress of sorts for baby’s comfort during diaper and clothing changes. All changing pads are equipped with a buckle to keep baby from falling off the changing table during those diaper changes. There are a few different shapes and styles to choose from as well as varying price points. Find the one that fits best in your budget and nursery.
When you want a changing pad that can be set up anywhere and look good, the Keekaroo Peanut Changer is what you’ll want. This solid surface pad is super resistant to mold and bacteria since fluids cannot get through the surface. It is an easy-to-clean top and will keep baby comfortable during those quick diaper changes. This changing pad is best suitable for a stand-alone changing pad.
A cocoon style changing pad offers baby the utmost security with four raised sides. The LA Baby Waterproof 4-Sided Cocoon Style Changing Pad features a non-skid layer along the bottom of the changing pad for additional safety for your little one. The waterproof cover is easy to wipe clean and consists of n-allergenic materials. If you choose to save space and use a dresser top for a changing table, this changing pad is best-suited for baby.
A cost-effective, yet still quality, changing pad is the Summer Infant Changing Pad. With a vinyl, waterproof case and raised sides, your baby will be both clean and safe. The wipeable surface makes it easy to maintain when you have all those baby clothes and changing pad covers to wash as well. In addition, the non-slip bottom keeps it stable, no matter where you need to change baby. Infants do best with this type of changing pad on top of a changing table.
There are also changing pads that you can buy for when you are traveling or out of the house. These portable changing pads are often included inside your diaper bag. But if not, you can find them for cheap. They are well worth the money and will save you from having to change your baby on toxic surfaces while on the go.
DYWM Fun Fact
- Pillowcases can sometimes double as a changing pad cover.
- Public changing tables in public restrooms were introduced in women’s restrooms in the 1990s.
- In 2016, President Obama passed a law that required all public, federal building restrooms to have changing tables.
- Velcro is the easiest way to secure a changing paid to the top of a dresser.
The Changing Pad Buying Guide
- When researching changing pads for your nursery, be sure to check out the dimensions in the description to ensure the unit will fit on top of your changing table or dresser. Otherwise, you could end up with a pad that doesn’t fit as securely as you want it to.
- Get product reviews from fellow parents, especially moms who have been through the birth experience and have first-hand advice and tips for changing baby through the stages of recovery and baby’s growth and development.
- Make the diaper changing station a comfortable and safe place for baby with the right changing pad for a successful diaper and clothing experience.
- If you choose to use a dresser as a changing table, consider fastening the changing pad to the top of the dresser to better secure it for baby’s safety.