Coleman Removable Liner Large Soft-Sided Cooler, 16-Can
Last updated date: May 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Large Soft-Sided Coolers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Large Soft-Sided Cooler you should buy.
Update as May 12, 2022:
Checkout The Best Large Soft-Sided Cooler for a detailed review of all the top large soft-sided coolers.
Keep your child's sports team hydrated with this large soft-sided cooler. The removable liner is easy to clean and use with both ice and ice substitutes to keep drinks nice and cold. There are also two side pockets and a front zipper pocket for carrying a few snacks, napkins and plastic utensils. We like that the removable liner gives this soft-sided cooler some structure and shape.
In our analysis of 147 expert reviews, the Coleman Removable Liner Large Soft-Sided Cooler, 16-Can placed 6th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Coleman 16-Can Soft Cooler goes with you to picnics, BBQs, camping, sporting events, tailgates and beyond. It holds 16 cans inside, and features plenty of extra storage space in its front zippered pocket, side mesh pockets, and mesh pocket in the lid. There are even bungees on the lid for stowing more extras! Sporting an adjustable shoulder strap, the cooler is soft on the outside for comfortable carrying, and has a hard plastic liner inside to protect your food from being crushed. The liner material is FDA approved for food contact, and is removable for easy cleaning. The Soft Cooler provides antimicrobial protection, to resist odors, mold, and mildew.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Large Soft-Sided Coolers
Is it your turn to bring the drinks for your child’s sports team? Are you having a picnic in the park with a group of friends? Perhaps you’re taking your family on a camping trip for the weekend. If any of these ring true, you’ll need a large soft-sided cooler instead of a smaller model. As you browse through the available options, keep the following features in mind:
Start by examining the materials used to make the cooler. Soft canvas materials are great for day-to-day activities, like sporting events and home barbecues, but you’ll need a tougher exterior for hiking and camping trips. The Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze, 30-Can has an exterior that is abrasion and puncture resistant. It’s not going to rip if it brushes up against a tree branch.
Take a look at the insulation next. In addition to heat-welded seams that prevent leaks, you’ll want to check that the insulation has been treated with anti-microbials. This treatment prevents fungus and mildew from forming on the liner. That, in turn, also prevents unpleasant odors from developing.
Consider the large soft-sided cooler’s capacity. Let’s say your child has 15 teammates and they each drink one water bottle per game. A 16-can cooler would be fine. However, if your family of four drinks three cans per day and you’re going to be camping for a total of three days, you’ll need a cooler that can handle 36 beverages.
Review the cooler’s design to see how you’re expected to carry it. Some models offer two different methods for carrying your drinks. There is a set of handles that meet on top of the bag for carrying the cooler with your hands. There’s also a removable should strap, should you wish to attach it and sling the cooler across your shoulder.
Check for any extras that make one large soft-sided cooler stand out over another. For example, some models have a front pocket for storing dry snacks or plastic utensils. Other models also have mesh pockets on the side, as well as bungees and clips for attaching everything from keys to bottle openers to reusable water bottles.
The Large Soft-Sided Cooler Buying Guide
- Even though many of the large soft-sided coolers are treated to keep mold, mildew and fungus at bay, they still need to be cleaned after each use. Dump out any melted ice outside or in your kitchen sink. Use warm water and dish soap to wipe down the inside of the cooler. Rinse clean and either air dry or use a lint-free cloth to remove the water. Don’t zip the cooler shut and place on a storage shelf if any water remains inside.
- Look at the type of material your soft-sided cooler is made out of if it gets dirty. You may be able to wipe it down the same way you did with the inside. Other fabrics, however, may require the use of a spot cleaner made for clothing.
- Depending on what you carry inside your cooler, it may begin to smell slightly over time. The good news is there are several all-natural ways to combat this and restore your cooler so that you can continue to use it for many more years to come. Sprinkle baking soda all over the inside of the cooler and let it sit overnight. Rinse it clean the next morning and the odors should be gone. If you have white distilled vinegar on your shelf and no baking soda, you can spray the vinegar on the inside of the cooler and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it clean. Vinegar is also a powerful deodorizer and it even has the ability to kill germs.
- Be conscious of how much weight you put in the large soft-sided cooler if you plan on carrying it using the shoulder strap. You don’t want to risk injuring your back.
- When it comes to large soft-sided cooler prices, you’ll see that capacity and materials used make a difference in how much you’ll pay. A 50-can model will naturally cost more than a 30-can cooler.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide