Coleman Soft Cooler, 30-Can
Last updated date: December 4, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Large Soft-Sided Coolers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Large Soft-Sided Cooler you should buy.
If you're searching for a cooler that can keep drinks cold for an entire day, the Coleman Soft Cooler, 30-Can is your best bet. This cooler has a top hatch for quickly accessing a refreshing beverage and a front pocket for storing dry snacks and other items. We love the treated liner, which resists mildew and fungus that tend to grow in environments with a lot of moisture. In our analysis of 158 expert reviews, the Coleman Coleman Soft Cooler, 30-Can placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 4, 2019:
Checkout The Best Large Soft-Sided Cooler for a detailed review of all the top large soft-sided coolers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Soft Coolers Key Features Leak Proof Insulate Compact Storage Leak-Proof Heat-welded seams prevent leaks so there's no need to worry about melted ice seeping out. Keeps the Ice Pack up your food and drinks with ice and they'll stay nice and cold all day. In fact, soft coolers retain ice for 24 hours at up to 90°F. Compact Storage Collapse, fold, or roll up your cooler for convenient storage when not in use. Easy-Carry Straps & Handles Multiple Pockets Easy-Carry Straps & Handles Adjustable comfort shoulder straps and large side handles make it easy to carry your cooler even when it's fully loaded. Multiple Pockets Stash dry goods and gear in the outside pockets, saving room inside for items that require controlled temperatures. Antimicrobial Germ-Resistant Liner The flexible plastic liner is treated with antimicrobials to prevent the forming of mold, mildew, and odors. Coleman Logo About the Brand Coleman helps people make fun memories by providing the lighting, stoves, coolers, tents, sleeping bags, and camping tools integral to their favorite outdoor experiences.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Large Soft-Sided Coolers
Is it your turn to bring the drinks for your child’s sports team? Are you having a picnic in the park with a group of friends? Perhaps you’re taking your family on a camping trip for the weekend. If any of these ring true, you’ll need a large soft-sided cooler instead of a smaller model. As you browse through the available options, keep the following features in mind:
Start by examining the materials used to make the cooler. Soft canvas materials are great for day-to-day activities, like sporting events and home barbecues, but you’ll need a tougher exterior for hiking and camping trips. The Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze, 30-Can has an exterior that is abrasion and puncture resistant. It’s not going to rip if it brushes up against a tree branch.
Take a look at the insulation next. In addition to heat-welded seams that prevent leaks, you’ll want to check that the insulation has been treated with anti-microbials, like the Coleman Soft Cooler with Removable Liner, 16-Can. This treatment prevents fungus and mildew from forming on the liner. That, in turn, also prevents unpleasant odors from developing.
Consider the large soft-sided cooler’s capacity. Let’s say your child has 15 teammates and they each drink one water bottle per game. A 16-can cooler would be fine. However, if your family of four drinks three cans per day and you’re going to be camping for a total of three days, you’ll need a cooler that can handle 36 beverages.
Review the cooler’s design to see how you’re expected to carry it. The AO Coolers Original Soft Cooler, 36-Can offers two different methods for carrying your drinks. There is a set of handles that meet on top of the bag for carrying the cooler with your hands. There’s also a removable should strap, should you wish to attach it and sling the cooler across your shoulder.
Check for any extras that make one large soft-sided cooler stand out over another. The Coleman Soft Cooler, 30-Can has a front pocket for storing dry snacks or plastic utensils. Other models also have mesh pockets on the side, as well as bungees and clips for attaching everything from keys to bottle openers to reusable water bottles.
DWYM Fun Fact
While you may be tempted to simply toss items in your large soft-sided cooler, throw some ice on top and be on your way, this isn’t actually the most effective way to pack your cooler. Follow these tips to keep your food and drinks nice and cold (and safe to consume):
- The day before your planned outing, grab your cooler from storage and place it in the coolest room of your house. Just before you go to bed for the evening, toss a bag of ice in the cooler. This will cool the unit down so that’s ready for packing the next day.
- If you need to bring both food and drinks, it’s best to have one cooler dedicated to each instead of mixing the two together. Repeat the tip above for any additional coolers you intend on bringing.
- Don’t pack warm foods and drinks in the cooler and expect ice to cool them down. You want to place meats in the freezer and drinks in the refrigerator the night before you plan on packing them. That way the meats will safely thaw by the time you want to cook them and drinks won’t be warm and unpleasant to drink.
- Pack the coldest items on the bottom of the cooler and keep any fragile foods on top. Don’t leave any open spaces. Fill those with extra ice. It’s also a good idea to place meats and deli items in their own plastic bags with a clear label on top to identify what is in the bag.
- When you get to your destination, locate a cool shady spot to store the cooler. Putting it directly in the path of the sun will cause the contents to thaw much faster and possibly even spoil.
The Large Soft-Sided Cooler Buying Guide
- If you’ve narrowed your search down to two or three models, take a look to see if any of them offer a product warranty or a customer satisfaction guarantee. This is often a good indication that the company stands behind its products.
- Even though many of the large soft-sided coolers are treated to keep mold, mildew and fungus at bay, they still need to be cleaned after each use. Dump out any melted ice outside or in your kitchen sink. Use warm water and dish soap to wipe down the inside of the cooler. Rinse clean and either air dry or use a lint-free cloth to remove the water. Don’t zip the cooler shut and place on a storage shelf if any water remains inside.
- Look at the type of material your soft-sided cooler is made out of if it gets dirty. You may be able to wipe it down the same way you did with the inside. Other fabrics, however, may require the use of a spot cleaner made for clothing.
- Depending on what you carry inside your cooler, it may begin to smell slightly over time. The good news is there are several all-natural ways to combat this and restore your cooler so that you can continue to use it for many more years to come. Sprinkle baking soda all over the inside of the cooler and let it sit overnight. Rinse it clean the next morning and the odors should be gone. If you have white distilled vinegar on your shelf and no baking soda, you can spray the vinegar on the inside of the cooler and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it clean. Vinegar is also a powerful deodorizer and it even has the ability to kill germs.
- Be conscious of how much weight you put in the large soft-sided cooler if you plan on carrying it using the shoulder strap. You don’t want to risk injuring your back.
- When it comes to large soft-sided cooler prices, you’ll see that capacity and materials used make a difference in how much you’ll pay. The Coleman Soft Cooler with Removable Liner, 16-Can and the Coleman Soft Cooler, 30-Can cost half the price of the Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze, 30-Can, as the Arctic Zone model features a hard outer shell. The AO Coolers Original Soft Cooler, 36-Can is at the top of the price range because it holds the most cans.