COIDEA Remote Control Sound Activated Disco Ball Strobe Light
Last updated date: January 9, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Disco Balls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Disco Ball you should buy.
Update as January 30, 2023:
Checkout The Best Disco Ball for a detailed review of all the top disco balls.
In our analysis, the COIDEA COIDEA Remote Control Sound Activated Disco Ball Strobe Light placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
COIDEA MINI LED STAGE MAGIC LIGHT, Perfect Strobe effect lights will dance to the rhythm of the music. When music up, The light will dance/flash to it which is SO COOL. BRIGHT RGB 7 COLORS STROBE LIGHT with REMOTE Has AUTO/FLASH/MUSIC MODE: With Solid Colors Or A Mix (red, green, blue, red/green, red/blue, green/blue, or all the colors together). PLUG AND PLAY, Perfectly portable mini LED stage magic Light with small(palm size)and exquisite appearance which is super easy to assemble and hang up. ENERGY SAVING, 3W Magic Light with long working life of more than 10,000 hours as it’s using led technology. The lighting device has been made more reliable and durable electronics materials, The outer glass cover and the lights that will provide the best lighting experience. WARRANTY COMMITMENT, 12 months warranty and 8 hours customer service support, you are welcomed to ask any question on listing or by email, we will reply in 8 hours and will give you a satisfy answer.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Disco Balls
Disco balls are often associated with the 1970s party scene, but they can still be found at parties and in venues across the globe. With a disco ball, it’s not so much about how it looks but the reflection it casts on the surrounding area. Although disco balls aren’t lights in themselves, they reflect light in a way that projects spots on the walls, floors and people that surround them.
A disco ball is simply a large globe that’s typically suspended from the ceiling. It’s made of numerous small mirrors that catch light and reflect it outward. To truly create the effect, a disco ball should be spherical in shape and set to rotate while powered on. It was seen in discos, rollerskating rinks and parties throughout the 1970s, but it actually was around way back in the late 1800s. As described in a trade publication for union workers, this early disco ball was a mirrored ball that reflected light from a nearby carbon arc lamp.
But the disco ball wasn’t patented until 1917, at which point event venues began to take notice. It made its way to dance halls in the 1920s and even made an appearance in the 1942 movie Casablanca. The 1970s saw a surge in popularity, but disco balls remain in use today. They’re a great way to liven up any party, whether you’re dancing, singing karaoke or simply hanging out.
Today’s technology allows for disco balls that create the effect without requiring a separate light source. These balls are simply projectors designed to mimic the effect of their classic mirrored counterparts. This keeps the build lightweight and makes it more versatile, allowing for a variety of colors and patterns.
But you can still find traditional disco balls. Today’s versions are more lightweight and affordable than the disco balls of previous generations. You’ll often find versions with foam cores that keep them lightweight and portable. If you opt for this type of disco ball, check to make sure each mirror is securely fastened.
The Disco Ball Buying Guide
- Traditional disco balls don’t require electrical or battery power to operate. They simply hang from the ceiling. This option requires lighting that you can direct at them, though, if you want the full effect.
- If you’re hanging your disco ball, make sure it’s securely fastened before you allow anyone beneath it. Even a lightweight one can cause injury if it falls directly on someone.
- You can find plenty of disco balls that set on any flat surface if you’d prefer to skip the mounting process.
- Disco balls aren’t limited to parties. You can create a party in your vehicle if you choose one with a compatible power source.
- Some people have sensitivity to strobe lights. If you opt for a light that flashes, keep that in mind and check to ensure none of your guests will have this type of issue.
- The best thing about opting for a light-based party ball is that you can expand your color range. Instead of merely reflecting white dots across surfaces, these multicolor options project various colors while also letting you change up the patterns of those projections.
- If you plan to take your disco ball on the go, check to make sure it’s portable. You’ll want something you can set on any surface, whether it’s a table or the ground.
- Power source is another consideration. If you’ll need to plug in your disco ball, you’ll have to make sure you have an electrical outlet everywhere you go. For outside parties, this can be an impossibility. Battery power can be a convenience, but you’ll need to have spare batteries handy just in case.
- For disco balls that let you change up the patterns or colors of your lights, make sure you’ll have a remote to ease the process. Some options are set to recognize sound and adjust the patterns of the lights to match. This can take your party to another level.
- Often, those shopping for disco balls are preparing for a children’s party. If this is your situation, check the age range recommendation on any disco ball you consider to make sure they’re safe for the ages you’ll have at your party.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide