Coghlan’s Toasting Cast Iron Pie Iron
Last updated date: July 20, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pie Irons and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pie Iron you should buy.
Update as July 20, 2022:
Checkout The Best Pie Iron for a detailed review of all the top pie irons.
This cast iron cooker is also a broiler, so it's a great tool to bring on your camping trip or to the backyard fire pit. It has a 27-inch-long handle and a two-part hinge for ease of use. It also features a non-stick coating.
In our analysis, the Coghlan's Coghlan's Toasting Cast Iron Pie Iron placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Cast iron cooker with two-part hinge and 27-inch handle; can be placed over flame or nestled between coals. Great for toasting sandwiches, grilling meat, and cooking desserts over an open fire. Affordable, essential gear for car camping, RV trailers, motor homes, cabins, and more.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pie Irons
Food experts call the pie iron an “underrated camping tool.” It boasts a simple design: just two square or similarly-shaped cast iron or aluminum pans mounted onto fireproof rods. The pans are then joined together with a hinge, and presto! It becomes a miniature oven.
Midwestern campers love this product. Pie irons are great for making sealed-edge sandwiches, omelets, mini-pies and many other delightful treats when you’re enjoying the great outdoors.
Pie irons are made to use over open flames like campfires. Most are constructed from cast iron, which is durable and can stand up to high temperatures. Aluminum pie irons do not stand up to heat as well but are not as heavy to hold. These outdoor cooking tools have long handles to keep chefs safe from the heat, with grips on the ends.
The best part about pie irons is that the concave plates envelop their contents, which allows the food to get cooked on all sides. The edges crimp the crust and seal all the good fillings inside. The cooked food resembles an empanada or a little pie. Delicious!
The Pie Iron Buying Guide
- Grease the pie iron before cooking with oil, butter or cooking spray to help with browning. Add in the sandwich and close the pie iron.
- Some pie irons come with locking mechanisms for tighter seals.
- Cook the food for a few minutes on one side, flip it over and cook it for a few more minutes. Then, it should be done.
- Aluminum pie plates are more prone to warping.
- Pie irons are affordable and great for camping, cabins and motor homes.
- Do not let children use pie irons without adults present.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide