Coavas Frosted Privacy Window Film, 35×79-inch
Last updated date: January 29, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Privacy Window Films and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Privacy Window Film you should buy.
Coavas Window Privacy Film cuts down on glaring light and controls excess heat. The diagonal brick design keeps prying eyes from seeing through while adding an attractive appearance. We like that it applies in minutes with no glue and is reusable. In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the Coavas Coavas Frosted Privacy Window Film, 35x79-inch placed 6th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Privacy Window Film for a detailed review of all the top privacy window films.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
window film LIFE STARTS WITH COAVAS window film The memories about home begin with an old tale,which is warm and fortunate，We will provide you with a home-like service COAVAS HOME BRAND LIFE PURPOSE ： Careful maintenance. Professional management, customer first. Business-oriented Quality first,people-oriented. How to install the window film？ window film Glue Free: Static cling design, no toxic glue required ,No traces . Reusable: Leaving No Residue after Removal and the Film Can Be Used Again . TOP Privacy：Only protect privacy，Give you the safest space HAPPY TIME WITH RETRO WINDOW FILM window film Where can the window film be used in our life? Boring office warm home Lively campus And so on INSTALLATION OF WINDOW FILM window film Step 1.Clean the target surface thoroughly Step 2.Measure the window surface （target surface） Step 3.Cut the film. Leave an extra inch is better. Step 4.peel off transparent back cover Step 5. Spray the surface with the soapy water Step 6. Install the film onto the window. Step 7. Use the squeegee to remove excess water and bubbles . Step 8. Enjoy your time！！！ window film glass film bird window film window film window film windowfilm Yellow Leaf Window Film Bunny Lamp Window Film Bird window film 3D Rainbow Window Film Tree Window Film Whtie Matt Window Film SIZE 17.7-inch by 78.7-inch 17.7-inch by 78.7-inch 17.7-inch by 78.7-inch;35.5-inch by 78.7-inch 17.7-inch by 78.7-inch 17.7-inch by 78.7-inch 17.7-inch by 78.7-inch PRIVACY LEVEL 5 out of 5star 5 out of 5star 5 out of 5star 3 out of 5star 5 out of 5star 5 out of 5star REUSABLE ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ MOST SUITABLE FOR Living Room；Bedroom；Bathroom；Balcony；Patio Doors and so on Living Room；Bedroom；Bathroom；Balcony；Patio Doors and so on Living Room；Bedroom；Bathroom；Balcony；Patio Doors and so on Living Room；Bedroom；Bathroom；Balcony；Patio Doors and so on Living Room；Bedroom；Bathroom；Balcony；Patio Doors and so on Living Room；Bedroom；Bathroom；Balcony；Patio Doors and so on WATERPROOF ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ Recommended for Bathroom ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ DIY ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ ✓✓✓ Healthy Non-adhesive window film，No harmful chemicals Non-adhesive window film，No harmful chemicals Non-adhesive window film，No harmful chemicals Non-adhesive window film，No harmful chemicals Non-adhesive window film，No harmful chemicals Non-adhesive window film，No harmful chemicals
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Privacy Window Films
Sure, privacy window film can keep nosy neighbors from peering in through otherwise uncovered windows.
But Vicki Liston, writer, producer and narrator of award-winning home improvement and DIY show called “On The Fly…DIY” says window film can do that and more.
“While it provides the obvious — blocking outside, wandering eyes from seeing every detail inside your home — privacy window film delivers more advantages than you might think,” she says. “It can stop harmful UV rays from damaging your furniture, flooring and décor. It can save on cooling costs in the summer by reflecting both sunlight and solar heat.”
She says that window film can have health benefits as well as aesthetic advantages.
“For households with allergies and asthma, films can serve as a welcome alternative to dust-attracting curtains and blinds (imagine never having to wash curtains or wipe off blinds again!),” she says. “If you love a more minimalistic look or you can’t bear the thought of impeding the view of your gorgeous window frames, you can still block out the rest of the world while allowing in natural light and keeping those frames free from obstruction.”
Privacy film can be invaluable to renters who want to enjoy the advantages without worrying about damaging or altering the windows in a rental home. Most window film is not only easy to install but also simple to remove, so renters can beautify and protect any glass surface with no worry of backlash from their landlords.
It is important to note that there are several different types of window film, and not all of them provide every possible benefit. Determining what features are most important to you and how you plan to use it will help you find the best privacy film for your home.
“For those ‘privacy only’ concerns, opt for an opaque, a decorative pattern, or a mirrored film,” says Liston. “Opaques and decorative patterns will stop the gaze of your nosy neighbors but they will also stop your gaze as well. A mirrored film is highly reflective and allows you to take in the view outside but your privacy level may wane as the sun goes down. Some types become semi-see through at night so read the label carefully on mirrored and reflective versions before you make a decision.”
Window film is quite affordable, as well. This is especially true when you compare the cost of privacy film to other types of custom window coverings, such as blinds, curtains or frosted glass.
DWYM Fun Fact
Privacy window film can save you money. Heat and UV-blocking window film reduces heat gain, which could result in noticeably lower utility bills.
Most types of skin cancer are caused by exposure to the UV rays in sunlight. UV-blocking window film can nearly eliminate exposure to these potentially harmful rays inside your home. Not only will this help protect your family’s skin, but it could also prevent the sun from damaging furniture, carpeting, and other belongings in your home that might otherwise crack or fade.
Installing window film could improve the integrity of the glass. This adds a protective barrier from slivers and shards that could occur as the result of a fractured or shattered window. In addition, heavy-duty security film could even prevent a burglar from entering your home through a broken window.
The Privacy Window Film Buying Guide
- The location of your home should factor greatly into the type of window film you purchase. The direction that your windows face is an important consideration, as well. For instance, if you live on a forested lot in Pennsylvania with lots of north-facing windows, you might want the film to let in in as much natural light as possible. However, if your home is in the Arizona desert or your west-facing windows take a beating every afternoon, you may hope to keep as much sunshine and heat out of your house.
- Adhesive privacy window films that activate with water offer long-lasting results. Choose these over films that require applied adhesive or static cling films with no adhesive. The former is messy and difficult to apply, while the latter simply won’t stand up to temperature changes or the passing of time.
- Prepare the window or glass surface by cleaning them thoroughly. Ammonia-or vinegar-based cleaners could damage the film, so opt for a mild soap in water instead, such as baby shampoo. Be sure to rinse the glass well with clean water before applying the film.
- Applying privacy film when the temperature outside has been at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit for several days will ensure that the bond has time to cure, providing the best adhesion results.
- Always apply privacy film to interior surfaces or the inside of windows. Privacy window films are not intended for exterior use and will not endure the elements effectively.
- No need to spend additional money on fancy, specialized tools or applicators for privacy film. A standard, clean spray bottle, and a credit card or other small, rigid piece of plastic work just as well as a squeegee, scraper, or other items that you might purchase but only use for a single application.
- A razor blade will make trimming the edges much easier, as well.
- Measure the window before cutting or applying the film. Start by measuring the inside of the frame from left to right and again from top to bottom. Add about two inches to each measurement to give yourself some wiggle room when installing the film and to allow for any potential errors.