Clubman Pinaud Styptic Pencil Travel Size, 3-Pack
Last updated date: June 1, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Styptic Pencils and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Styptic Pencil you should buy.
Update as June 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Styptic Pencils for a detailed review of all the top styptic pencils.
These styptic pencils are ideal for stopping bleeding fast. They work well on small cuts and nicks from shaving. These are three pencils included in this package.
In our analysis, the Clubman Pinaud Clubman Pinaud Styptic Pencil Travel Size, 3-Pack placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
CLUBMAN PINAUD STYPTIC PENCIL TRAVEL SIZE NET WT 0.33 OZ. USES : STOPS BLEEDING FAST SEALS SKIN SURFACE TO HELP PREVENT THE PENETRATION OF DIRT AND GEMS BENEATH THE SKIN, WHICH CAN LEAD TO INFECTION STING FREE IDEAL FOR RAZOR NICKS AND MINOR CUTS PRODUCT OF USA INGREDIENT : ALUMINUM SULFATE 56 %.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Styptic Pencils
If you’ve ever nicked yourself while shaving and wanted a quick solution other than a Band-Aid, what you really need is a styptic pencil. This is a medicated stick which contains powdered crystal from an alum block, which is bound together using wax. This useful compound is then shaped into a small stick that is about the size of a lipstick.
A styptic pencil is perfect from small cuts to the surface of the skin, such as those you get while wet shaving. Not only do they stop the bleeding from the cut, but they also help to kill any bacteria which can cause infections.
Styptic pencils can actually come in both solid and liquid forms, so decide what works best for you. Solid styptic pencils are typically of the roll-on variety, similar to a deodorant or lipstick. A liquid styptic is used by dropping the liquid right onto the cut. Both forms are highly effective in stopping bleeding, but the liquid variety can be difficult to use, while the solid kind if easy to apply. Most styptic sticks available on the market come in about the same potency and have the same efficacy.
The Styptic Pencil Buying Guide
- If you get a nick or cut, the first thing you should do is rinse the area under cold water, and wipe off any blood that is coming out. Next, run the tip of the styptic pencil under running water. Be sure not to get the whole pencil wet, just the part that you’re going to use.
- Take the wet tip of the styptic pencil and apply it to the cut. You can dab the pencil on the cut or color it in as if you’re using a marker. You can also roll the pencil onto the cut. Each way is as effective as the other as long as you cover the surface of the cut.
- When the styptic pencil touches the cut, it’s going to cause a bit of pain and stinging. However, the pain will only last for a few seconds as the blood coagulates.
- Once the cut is closed, wait a few minutes. Then rinse off the area with cold water gently. You just want to rinse off the white residue but don’t want to open up the cut again.
- Be sure to wipe down the styptic pencil and dry it with a paper towel after each use. Getting it wet makes it easier to use, but it also makes it degrade faster. That’s why you should only wet the part you’re going to apply.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide