CloSYS Silver Antimicrobial Fluoride Mouthwash, 2-Pack
Last updated date: January 27, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fluoride Mouthwashes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fluoride Mouthwash you should buy.
Update as January 25, 2023:
Checkout The Best Fluoride Mouthwash for a detailed review of all the top fluoride mouthwashes.
Designed for adults aged 55 and older, this fluoride mouthwash comes in a two-piece set and is designed to be gentle. It's formulated for those who may have issues like dry mouth or mouth sores.
In our analysis, the CloSYS CloSYS Silver Antimicrobial Fluoride Mouthwash, 2-Pack placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Are there oral care products that support my needs as I get older? Yes, and that is exactly why CloSYS Silver was created. As adults reach age 55+, our oral health begins to deteriorate. Teeth weaken, gum health suffers and mouth’s become more sensitive. CloSYS Silver with fluoride and the naturally activated antimicrobial Clorastan is specially formulated to help adults 55+ with multiple mouth conditions.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fluoride Mouthwashes
Using mouthwash works along with flossing and brushing to keep your mouth clean and freshen your breath. If you’re looking for a type of mouthwash that can also help make your teeth and gums stronger, fluoride mouthwash serves as a good option. Your dentist might even recommend it, depending on the condition of your teeth and concerns you have.
This type of mouthwash contains the ingredient fluoride, which you’ll usually find in your toothpaste. However, when you buy over-the-counter products, you’ll find that the fluoride is at a lower level than the toothpaste or professional mouth rinses that your dental hygienist uses.
When shopping for fluoride mouthwash, you’ll come across options with and without alcohol. Both types will work to strengthen teeth, and some have ingredients that kill bacteria in your mouth too. However, alcohol-free mouthwashes can be gentler on your mouth than alcohol options. On the other hand, alcohol mouthwashes can do a better job killing bacteria but may dry out your mouth, so they can be less comfortable to use.
You can find fluoride mouthwash in a variety of flavors and colors. Many brands offer mild and strong mint options, but you can also find fruity flavors and even bubblegum options. While many fluoride mouthwashes come in colors to match the flavor, you can find dye-free versions with a milder taste. Dye-free fluoride mouthwashes often include only natural ingredients and can work well if you have sensitivities.
Be sure to check whether a bottle of fluoride mouthwash you’re considering has the American Dental Association seal of approval. The “ADA Accepted” label on the bottle indicates the mouthwash is both effective and safe to use.
The Fluoride Mouthwash Buying Guide
- To give the fluoride mouthwash time to do its work, try to wait half an hour before you drink or eat anything.
- Using a fluoride mouthwash is just one part of your oral hygiene routine, so continue flossing and brushing regularly.
- Make sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions before using a new mouthwash since the amount you’ll use and the length of time to swish the product around your mouth can vary by brand.
- Consider talking to your dentist before you start using a fluoride mouthwash in response to any dental problems you have. They might recommend a prescription mouthwash or dental treatment instead.
- Avoid swallowing fluoride mouthwash since there could be ingredients in it that will make you ill when digested. Check the product’s label for instructions on how to handle accidental swallowing, especially if a child is using the mouthwash.
- For best results, brush and floss before you use your fluoride mouthwash. Since your teeth will be clean, the mouthwash can reach more surfaces on your teeth and do its job better.
- You’ll generally only use fluoride mouthwash once a day or as directed by your dentist. You can still use a regular mouthwash at another time of the day to freshen your mouth.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide