CLOROX XtraBlue Bacteria Killing Chlorine Tablets, 3-Inch
Last updated date: June 8, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chlorine Pool Tablets, 3-Inch and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chlorine Pool Tablet, 3-Inch you should buy.
Update as June 8, 2022:
Checkout The Best Chlorine Pool Tablets, 3-Inch for a detailed review of all the top chlorine pool tablets, 3-inch.
Sunlight can work against your chlorine tablet's effectiveness, but this tablet builds in a chlorine stabilizer to protect your water from the sun. It also contains conditioners to keep your water feeling silky smooth. A supporting app can help you with maintaining your pool.
In our analysis, the CLOROX CLOROX XtraBlue Bacteria Killing Chlorine Tablets, 3-Inch placed 3rd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Kills bacteria. Kills and prevents all types of pool algae. Prevents corrosion, scale and stains. Long-lasting sunlight protection.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chlorine Pool Tablets, 3-Inch
Any body of still water is prone to algae, as well as dangerous bacteria like E. coli. If a pond has wildlife like fish, that can help, but fish waste and decomposing plant material can still lead to algae unless the right balance is there.
When that body of water is a swimming pool, bacteria and algae become a real problem. If you’ve ever owned a pool, you know all about the dread that comes with pool water turning green. Once pool water has turned, it can be tough to get it back on track again so that you can once again safely go for a swim.
Enter chlorine. Chlorine keeps algae at bay, letting you maintain a healthy pH balance that protects against pollutants. But it’s a careful balance. You’ll need to keep the chlorine level above 1 ppm to battle any bacteria and germs present in the water. Unfortunately, even a slight drop in chlorine concentration can throw your pH balance off and lead to that dreaded green water.
Chlorine tablets are an easy way to give your water that steady release of chlorine you’ll need to maintain a healthy balance. You’ll just need to get a kit to regularly test your water and keep an eye on things. You should also use pool tools to scrub the surfaces and remove any debris that drops into it.
The Chlorine Pool Tablet, 3-Inch Buying Guide
- Before slow-release chlorine tablets, pool owners had to constantly replenish the chemicals in the pool. These tablets keep the water fed with a steady supply of chlorine to keep things healthy.
- Even if you have someone cleaning your pool every week or two, a little rain can throw the pH balance of your pool off, leading to issues.
- Your pool’s chlorine level should be above 1 ppm at all times, but it should also never go above 3 ppm. Too much chlorine can irritate your eyes, nose, lungs and throat while you’re swimming. You can use either strips or kits to test your water on a regular basis.
- You can buy pool tablets in 1-inch and 3-inch versions. The 3-inch tablets are easier to handle and may even be lower in price. You’ll also typically be able to use fewer 3-inch tablets, which will stretch your kit farther.
- Don’t simply toss the tablets into your pool. You’ll instead add them to your pool skimmer, which will have the water gradually move over them as it passes through your filter when it’s on. You can also purchase a floating chlorine dispenser, although this isn’t ideal if you have a pool liner. Sometimes dispensers can get stuck in one area of the pool, which can discolor your liner over time.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide