Clore Automotive 900 Peak Amp Jump Starter
Last updated date: May 1, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Jump Starters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Jump Starter you should buy.
In our analysis of 99 expert reviews, the Clore Automotive Clore Automotive 900 Peak Amp Jump Starter placed 6th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Jump Starter for a detailed review of all the top jump starters.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
A great combination of power and portability, the JNC300XL packs the punch of 900 Peak Amps of starting power into a unit that weighs just 9 lbs. to start virtually any passenger vehicle. A great combination of power and portability, the JNC300XL car jump starter packs the punch of 900 Peak Amps of starting power into a unit that weighs just 9 lbs. to start virtually any passenger vehicle. This store-anywhere, use-anywhere unit features Clore PROFORMER battery technology, specifically designed for vehicle jump starting. It also features a high intensity work light to aid in nighttime and other emergency jump starting situations. 900 Peak Amps 225 Cranking Amps 27" #4 AWG welding cable leads Full-size clamps to penetrate battery corrosion LED battery status indicator High intensity work light Grip-Lock clamp storage DC outlet to power 12 Volt accessories Includes wall charger 1 year limited warranty
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Jump Starters
There’s nothing worse than going to start your car only to discover that the battery is dead, especially if you have an important business meeting or school function for your children. Everything from cold weather to leaving the lights on can drain the power in your battery. You’ll need an alternate power source to recharge the battery, so you can get where you need to go.
Portable jump starters are great because they don’t require the use of a second vehicle to get your battery going again. As you shop for one, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind.
Determine how much available space you have in your car to store the jump starter. Some models are quite large and will take up space in your trunk. They make jump starters that are compact enough to be held in your glove box, which is ideal if you’re driving a small vehicle with a tiny trunk.
Choose a model with added safety features. For example, the Weego Compact 1700 Peak Amp Jump Starter protects against overheating and power surges. It also includes anti-spark and reverse-polarity protection.
Take a close look at how much power the jump starter has. You want to make sure it is strong enough to restart your battery. You’ll find the Clore Automotive 1700 Peak Amp 12 Volt Jump Starter is a reliable power source with 1,700 peak amps and 425 cranking amps. Each charge is able to provide numerous jumps. There are even models that offer as many as 20 jumps per charge.
Consider going with a jump starter that has a few extra features that make it a multi-functional tool. The Stanley 1000 Peak Amp Jump Starter & Air Compressor is equipped with an air compressor to inflate tires with low air pressure. Other models include a compass in case you get lost in a remote area and need to find your way home. You’ll also find LCD screens and USB ports are common features among some jump starters.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that jumper cables were invented long before the first car? It’s true! A man by the name of Leon Jumper developed the cables back in 1863 to assist in restarting batteries in certain machines.
Later, in the early 1900s, Ralph S. Mueller created alligator clips, which he originally named electrical test clips. These clips were then used to improve the design of the jumper cables, which we still use today to restart the batteries in our cars.
Technology has advanced significantly over the years. Car owners now have the option of purchasing jump starters. These handy devices have the power to recharge a battery on their own and without the aid of another vehicle. This is especially convenient in the event that you break down in a remote area with no other cars in sight.
The Jump Starter Buying Guide
- Review the jump starter’s instructions. Some models need to be recharged every 30 days.
- Determine whether you’re required to supply your own extension cord to use the jump starter.
- Check the jump starter’s product label for any storage recommendations. Some list a room temperature of around 68 degrees Fahrenheit as the ideal environment for keeping your jump starter safe and ready to use.
- Jump starting a car can be dangerous, so it is imperative that you fully read your jump starter’s instruction manual before you attempt to restart your battery.
- It’s a good idea to wear protective eye gear when using a jump starter. You may wish to store a pair alongside the starter in your vehicle.
- When jump-starting your car, make sure that your vehicle is off and the keys are removed from the ignition. It’s important that you follow the jump starter’s instructions exactly and that you remember the red cable goes with the positive terminal on your car’s battery, while the black cable goes with the negative terminal.
- If your vehicle doesn’t start after four of five cranks of the engine, your battery is completely dead. You’ll need to call a tow truck or a roadside assistance service for help.
- After you’ve used the jump starter to restart your battery, you’ll need to take it home and recharge it before returning it to your vehicle for future use.
- The cost for a jump starter is dependent upon its design, power and extra features. One of the most affordable models on the market is the Schumacher 1700 Peak Amp LED Jump Starter. You’ll pay a moderate price for both the Weego Compact 1700 Peak Amp Jump Starter and the Stanley 1000 Peak Amp Jump Starter & Air Compressor. The Clore Automotive 1700 Peak Amp 12 Volt Jump Starter falls at the top of the price range.