Clore Automotive 1700 Peak Amp 12 Volt Jump Starter
Last updated date: May 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Jump Starters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Jump Starter you should buy.
Update as May 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Jump Starter for a detailed review of all the top jump starters.
In order to be prepared for an emergency, you'll want to place one of these jump starters in the back of your vehicle. It has a long cable, which means you can use it in a small car or a large van. Of course, the biggest benefit of going with this starter is its power. The unit is able to deliver 1700 peak amps and 425 cranking amps.
In our analysis of 85 expert reviews, the Clore Automotive 1700 Peak Amp 12 Volt Jump Starter placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The JNC660 includes numerous features to make jump starting more effective and convenient. Its 46 inch cable reach enables it to reach the starting points on vehicles of all shapes and sizes. Industrial Grade Hot Jaw clamps penetrate corrosion for the best possible connection. Every aspect of the JNC660 is tailored to support the goal of delivering as much starting power as possible to a disabled vehicle. All components of the ‘power path’ are designed to support the goal of getting the jump starter’s power to the disabled vehicle. This includes the heavy-duty, 2 AWG cable leads and Industrial Grade clamps that penetrate corrosion on the vehicle’s battery for a good electrical connection. Jump-N-Carry jump starters feature high performance, replaceable Clore Proformer batteries. These batteries are designed for maximum power density and durability, which results in exceptional cranking power, extended cranking duration and a long service life. Features fully automatic, built-in charger for its on-board battery. This allows for the unit to be left plugged in, meaning your jump starter is in an always ready state. For over 25 years, Jump-N-Carry has been the go-to brand for tow truck drivers, auto mechanics, rescue vehicles, car auctioneers and anyone else in need of a reliable jump starter.
1700 Peak Amps
425 Cranking Amps
Clore Proformer Battery Technology
Industrial Grade Hot Jaw Clamps
12 Volt DC Outlet to Power Accessories
Automatic built-in charger
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Jump Starters
There’s nothing worse than going to start your car only to discover that the battery is dead, especially if you have an important business meeting or school function for your children. Everything from cold weather to leaving the lights on can drain the power in your battery. You’ll need an alternate power source to recharge the battery, so you can get where you need to go.
Portable jump starters are great because they don’t require the use of a second vehicle to get your battery going again. As you shop for one, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind.
Determine how much available space you have in your car to store the jump starter. Some models are quite large and will take up space in your trunk. They make jump starters that are compact enough to be held in your glove box, which is ideal if you’re driving a small vehicle with a tiny trunk.
Choose a model with added safety features. For example, the Weego Compact 1700 Peak Amp Jump Starter protects against overheating and power surges. It also includes anti-spark and reverse-polarity protection.
Take a close look at how much power the jump starter has. You want to make sure it is strong enough to restart your battery. You’ll find the Clore Automotive 1700 Peak Amp 12 Volt Jump Starter is a reliable power source with 1,700 peak amps and 425 cranking amps. Each charge is able to provide numerous jumps. There are even models that offer as many as 20 jumps per charge.
Consider going with a jump starter that has a few extra features that make it a multi-functional tool. The Stanley 1000 Peak Amp Jump Starter & Air Compressor is equipped with an air compressor to inflate tires with low air pressure. Other models include a compass in case you get lost in a remote area and need to find your way home. You’ll also find LCD screens and USB ports are common features among some jump starters.
The Jump Starter Buying Guide
- Review the jump starter’s instructions. Some models need to be recharged every 30 days.
- Determine whether you’re required to supply your own extension cord to use the jump starter.
- Check the jump starter’s product label for any storage recommendations. Some list a room temperature of around 68 degrees Fahrenheit as the ideal environment for keeping your jump starter safe and ready to use.
- Jump starting a car can be dangerous, so it is imperative that you fully read your jump starter’s instruction manual before you attempt to restart your battery.
- It’s a good idea to wear protective eye gear when using a jump starter. You may wish to store a pair alongside the starter in your vehicle.
- When jump-starting your car, make sure that your vehicle is off and the keys are removed from the ignition. It’s important that you follow the jump starter’s instructions exactly and that you remember the red cable goes with the positive terminal on your car’s battery, while the black cable goes with the negative terminal.
- If your vehicle doesn’t start after four of five cranks of the engine, your battery is completely dead. You’ll need to call a tow truck or a roadside assistance service for help.
- After you’ve used the jump starter to restart your battery, you’ll need to take it home and recharge it before returning it to your vehicle for future use.
- The cost for a jump starter is dependent upon its design, power and extra features. One of the most affordable models on the market is the Schumacher 1700 Peak Amp LED Jump Starter. You’ll pay a moderate price for both the Weego Compact 1700 Peak Amp Jump Starter and the Stanley 1000 Peak Amp Jump Starter & Air Compressor. The Clore Automotive 1700 Peak Amp 12 Volt Jump Starter falls at the top of the price range.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide