Clear Passage Smart-Flex Nasal Strip, 50-Count
Last updated date: November 22, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nasal Strips and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nasal Strip you should buy.
Update as November 22, 2021:
Checkout The Best Nasal Strip for a detailed review of all the top nasal strips.
If you've had a problem with nasal strips coming unattached while you sleep, these nasal strips are a good option. It has built-in technology to ensure it remains in place. It is available in only one size, though, and it's shorter than rival nasal strips, so it may be better for those with small to midsize noses.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Clear Passage Smart-Flex Nasal Strip, 50-Count placed 9th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Clear Passage Nasal Strips | Improve Sleep, Reduce Snoring, & Relieve Nasal Congestion Cold Allergy Clear Passage Nasal Strips instantly & gently open nasal passages to improve sleep, reduce snoring, and relieve nasal congestion due to colds or allergies. Use for sleeping, during the day, or exercising. Now featuring patented SMART-FLEX TECHNOLOGY for superior hold and coverage where it's needed most compared to the leading brand. Clear Passage Nasal Strips | Improve Sleep, Reduce Snoring, & Relieve Nasal Congestion Cold Allergy Clear Passage Nasal Strips work instantly to: Improve sleep Reduce snoring Relieve nasal congestion due to colds or allergies TECHNOLOGY SMART-FLEX TECHNOLOGY EXTRA STRENGH NASAL STRIPS EXTRA STRENGTH 50% Stronger lift BENEFITS & FEATURES INSTANTLY RELIEVES NASAL CONGESTION REDUCES SNORING AND IMPROVES SLEEP COLD AND ALLERGY RELIEF ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE Instantly relieves nasal congestion Opens your nasal passages so you can breathe through your nose even when congested due to colds or allergies Improves sleep & reduces snoring Instantly improves quality of sleep. May reduce snoring by enhancing nasal breathing; making it easier for you to sleep at night. Cold & allergy relief Opens your nasal passages so you can breathe through your nose even when congested due to colds or allergies Enhances athletic performance May improve breathing which can produce physiological benefits leading to better physical endurance. Tan Extra Clear Extra Tan Large Clear Medium Instantly relieves nasal congestion ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ 50% Stronger lift ✓ ✓ Smart-Flex technology ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ For sensitive skin ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Nose size Medium to Large Medium to Large Large Small to Medium Product size .9 IN x 2.5 IN .9 IN x 2.5 IN .8 IN x 2.65 IN .67 IN x 2 IN Comfortable & easy removal ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ 40% Superior hold ✓ ✓ ✓ 20% More Coverage ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nasal Strips
If you’ve ever tried to sleep with congested sinuses, you know how difficult it can be. Breathing comfortably is an essential part of a solid night’s sleep, and clogged sinuses get in the way of that. Medication can help, but the side effects may mean they aren’t worth it. If you suffer from ongoing sinus issues, medications designed for short-term use won’t be an option anyway.
Nasal strips serve as a great alternative to medications. Whether you’re suffering from a nasty cold or ongoing allergy problems, you can just slip one on before bedtime and start breathing clearly in a matter of minutes. In addition to congestion, nasal strips are also popular with those who suffer from snoring and deviated septums. Although you should see a physician if you have ongoing issues, there’s no danger in using nasal strips on a daily basis.
Nasal strips attach to the area just above the flare of each nostril, sticking thanks to an adhesive on the underside. Inside the strip are flexible spring-like bands that conform to the nose’s shape as you attach. Once you let go after pressing the strip into place, the bands immediately begin to try to return to their original position, which has them straightening. As a result, they begin to lift each side of your nose, which also opens the nasal passages. The design of the strip allows this position to hold for many hours.
As you can probably imagine, though, with such an intricate design, it’s essential that the strip is designed properly. There’s no shortage of nasal strips out there, including one of the best-known brands, Breathe Right. If you opt for a lesser-known brand to save money, it’s important to make sure you’re getting the quality it takes to effectively open your sinuses and hold that position for eight hours or more.
The Nasal Strip Buying Guide
- With nasal strips, it’s important to slow down and follow the directions before you apply. Wash your face and completely dry your nose, then make sure you apply the strip exactly as the box instructs. It needs to go into the spot just above the flare of your nostrils. If you apply it in the wrong place, you won’t get the nasal lift you need. Applying on oily or dirty skin will prevent the adhesive from holding for the hours it needs to stay in place.
- Another issue with nasal strips is that removal can be painful. Although this can vary from one strip to another, washing your face with warm, soapy water before removing can also help take some of the sting out. You can then gently begin to pry the strip from each of the two ends, moving inward until you’ve removed it completely.
- If you have sensitive skin, you may find that nasal strips cause issues that stay with you long after you’ve removed them. Look for strips designed specifically for sensitive skin. If you have latex allergies, shop for latex-free nasal strips.
- Even if your chosen nasal strips usually don’t cause a reaction, you should avoid using them if you have sores, abrasions, a sunburn or otherwise irritated skin on the area where you’re using them.
- Those who need daily relief from issues like snoring or a deviated septum may find buying strips in bulk can save money. You can buy nasal strips by the hundreds. However, it may be best to try out a strip in the smallest size available to make sure it works for you before committing to a bulk order.
- You’ll often find that nasal strips are sold with “one size fits all” branding. But not all noses are the same size. Some of these strips are smaller than competing brands, meaning those with larger noses may find they aren’t as effective. Whether you go with nasal strips that come in multiple size options or you choose “one size fits all,” measure your nose and ensure the strip will stretch comfortably across both nasal passages before buying.
- The traditional design of nasal strips featured a tan or flesh color, geared toward blending with your nose to make it less conspicuous. However, some newer nasal strips expand those options to let you customize your look. You’ll also find that many strips for sensitive skin are clear in color, keeping harmful dyes at a minimum without drawing attention to the fact that you’re wearing them.
- Some nasal strips come in lavender scent. Lavender is a favorite scent for relaxing and drifting off to sleep, so it could be a pleasant addition to your bedtime ritual.
- As handy as nasal strips can be, the reason you’re using them may need medical attention. If you experience ongoing breathing issues, you may have a problem that can be remedied through surgery. Those who snore heavily each night similarly should seek medical advice to make sure they don’t suffer from a serious health issue like sleep apnea.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide