Classic Home and Garden Whiskey Barrel Planter
Last updated date: January 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Planters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Planter you should buy.
Editor's Note January 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Planter for a detailed review of all the top planters.
In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the Classic Home and Garden Classic Home and Garden Whiskey Barrel Planter placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The classic whiskey barrel planter in a Distressed Oak finish with antique pewter colored bands. Lightweight & durable high density resin construction. Uv protected to prevent color from fading & delivered with drainage holes for outdoor use. The attractive finish is a stylish way to add visual impact on your patio, deck, or entry way. Available in three sizes 9", 15", & 20.5". The 15" Also comes in a "Home" Version.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Planters
Whether you’re looking to add to your landscape, or you simply want a few plants to brighten up your living room, you’ll need to pick out the perfect planter. As you begin to shop around, you’ll notice there are just as many planter varieties as there are plant species. This guide will help you narrow down the options, so you can choose the best planter for your needs.
Start off determining what size planter you require. They come in small, medium, large and tall. Don’t forget to consider how deep the plant’s roots will grow. Of course, if you’re working with a few different types of plants, you can always buy a set like the Keter Rattan Planters, Set of 3, which comes with one planter in each size.
Check whether the flowerpot can be used indoors or outdoors. While most planters can be used inside, not all are able to withstand the harsh weather conditions they would be exposed to if left outside. The Fox & Fern Plant Pot, however, is actually made using fiberstone, so it can be indoors and outdoors. Planters made of polypropylene resin are another great choice for outdoor use, as they won’t fade in the sun or rust when wet.
Look for a drainage hole. The Greenaholics Plant Pots, Set of 2 has built-in drainage holes to keep plants from experiencing root rot. Other models have drainage holes with plugs, should you decide to use the pot with a plant that enjoys consistently moist soil. You may even come across larger planters with a grated drainage hole underneath. The grate keeps any rocks or stones from falling out of the pot, while still allowing the excess water to drain out.
Choose a planter that matches your style and home decor. The H Potter Tall Copper Planters, Set of 2 have an antique copper finish with decorative knockers on the front. They would look excellent next to a fireplace or on a front porch to welcome your guests as they enter your home.
The Planter Buying Guide
- Not all of the planters come with drip trays.
- Some planters are meant to be placed in a plant stand, which is sold separately. You’ll want to consider this when determining how much money you’d like to spend.
- Keep your eye out for a satisfaction guarantee or a product warranty. If the warranty is listed as “limited,” make sure you know what is covered and what isn’t.
- Size, the number of planters in each set and the planter’s construction material all come in to play where price is concerned. You’ll find the Greenaholics Plant Pots, Set of 2 are on the lower end of the price scale due to their basic design and small size. The Fox & Fern Plant Pot and the Keter Rattan Planters, Set of 3 sit in the middle, while the H Potter Tall Copper Planters, Set of 2 commands the highest price. This set is not only large, but unique in design, which is why it costs more than other models.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide