Cindy Elsharouni Adult Coloring Book, Stress Relieving Designs
Last updated date: September 15, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Coloring Books and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Coloring Book you should buy.
With more than 60 different designs in varying difficulty levels, this coloring book will give you hours of stress relief and fun. You can use crayons, gel pens, markers or colored pencils to color in the pictures. You'll get animals, patterns, florals, gardening images and more in this collection. In our analysis of 0 expert reviews, the Cindy Elsharouni Cindy Elsharouni Adult Coloring Book, Stress Relieving Designs placed 2nd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 15, 2020:
Checkout The Best Coloring Book for a detailed review of all the top coloring books.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
This adult coloring book from Cindy Elsharouni has over 60 animal patterns and provides hours of stress relief through creative expression. It features small and big creatures from forests, oceans, deserts, and woodland.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Coloring Books
A few years ago, adult coloring books were all the rage. The trend caused sales of coloring books to surge online, as publishers came up with books specifically targeted to the interests of adults. But the popularity of adult coloring books soon waned.
But as more adults began to stay home, the trend re-emerged, giving consumers a way to beat stress when they couldn’t get to the gym or meet up with friends. This is in addition to an increase in sales for children’s coloring books, which serve as an affordable alternative to costly toys.
If you’re new to the adult coloring trend, though, you may not know exactly what features to look for as you shop. If you’re looking for stress-busting effects, it’s important to note that the repetitive nature of coloring is what helps calm the mind. It can begin to have similar benefits to meditation if you choose the right book.
For best results, look for adult coloring books with plenty of small, intricate spaces to color. If you’re coloring one large blob in a solid color, you’ll be finished in a matter of minutes. Being able to alternate between colors can extend the benefits well beyond what a child’s coloring book would give you.
DWYM Fun Fact
Adult coloring is a form of art therapy, which has been in effect for decades. But unlike with art therapy, when you’re coloring, the biggest benefits don’t come from expressing yourself through your creation. Sure, you’re creative in the colors you choose, but the boost to mental well-being comes from the state of meditation the act of coloring puts you in.
There are plenty of other activities that can bring similar benefits. One is walking. When you walk, the repetition of steps allows your mind to relax. Some housekeeping activities can be meditative in nature, as well, including sweeping and folding laundry. The key is to focus on the tasks you’re doing rather than letting your mind wander to the stresses of the day.
The Coloring Book Buying Guide
- One issue with children’s coloring books is that images are printed on both sides of the page. That means the color from one side can bleed through, interfering with the experience. There are plenty of adult coloring books that keep printing to one side, so prioritize that in your search.
- Although most people associate crayons with coloring books, you can actually color using a variety of writing implements. Those include gel pens, markers and colored pencils. Experiment to find your preference.
- The patterns can make a difference. Perhaps you like animals or flowers. You can find coloring books that prioritize those images. But you may like a coloring book that has assorted images to shake things up every time you sit down to color.
- One feature found in some adult coloring books is a spiral binding. This allows you to keep the book flat while you’re coloring.
- Paper quality is an essential feature. Some paper is thicker than others, which gives you a better experience.
- Look at the number of images included with each coloring book. You’ll get more bang for your buck if you spring for a book with 100 images or more. However, you may prefer to work with a new, thinner coloring book more often, rather than coloring in the same, thick book for weeks at a stretch.