Cicatricure Unscented Alcohol-Free Scar Care Gel
Last updated date: March 21, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Scar Care Gel and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Scar Care Gel you should buy.
Update as March 21, 2023:
Checkout The Best Scar Care Gel for a detailed review of all the top scar care gel.
You'll find this scar care gel is capable of tackling scars from acne, burns, surgery and stretch marks. It's safe to use anywhere on the body, including your face. Users will appreciate that results are typically visible in as little as two weeks.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Cicatricure Unscented Alcohol-Free Scar Care Gel placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
cicatricure Face & Body Scar Gel works effectively to reduce the appearance of scars caused by surgery, injuries, burns, and acne. Made with an innovative formula, the scar gel contains ingredients that hydrate and soften for healthier-looking, rejuvenated skin. It reduces scar coloration, for a more even skin tone. This scar treatment gel helps reduce the appearance of old and new scars, stretch marks from pregnancy or weight gain, and works effectively on non-keloid and hypertrophic scars. Apply a generous amount on the scar to cover it completely. For visible results use 4 times a day for 60 days. cicatricure offers a full line of skin care products to take care of your skin & body. An innovative product line with anti-wrinkle day & night creams, brightening creams, micellar water cleansers, sunscreens, & scar gels. We want the best for your skin at every age & stage of your life. That’s why we’re always innovating to create the best skin care formulas with exclusive ingredients & leading beauty technologies.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Scar Care Gel
It is estimated that over 100 million people per year develop scars as a result of an injury, operation or burn. That figure doesn’t even take into account those who suffer from acne scars. If you find yourself among this group, you may want to consider using a scar care gel to help reduce the appearance of the scar.
As you review the different creams on the market, take a look at the ingredients list first. This is especially important if you suffer from sensitive skin. There are scar care gels that contain all-natural ingredients, which are also certified organic. Other brands incorporate botanical extracts and ingredients that are rich in antioxidants.
While browsing the ingredients list, look specifically for additives that soften the texture of your skin to help make the scars less noticeable. Allantoin, cepalin, panthenol and 100% medical-grade silicone are all known for accomplishing this.
Check the quality of the scar care gel next. There are creams that were formulated by dermatologists, as well as gels that are recommended by both doctors and pharmacists.
Look at the characteristics of the cream. You don’t want one that remains oily on your skin or a tube that may stain your clothes. There are plenty of formulas that are non-oily, odorless and colorless. Some are even quick-drying, so you won’t have to wait long to get your day going.
When you’ve narrowed down your choices to two or three gels, you’ll want to check for anything extra that may help one scar care cream jump to the top of your list. This could be a TSA compliant container or the fact that the company never tests its products on animals.
The Scar Care Gel Buying Guide
- Read the product packaging carefully before you begin using the scar care gel. Some formulas require that you apply the cream twice per day, while others only need to be applied once. The length of time you need to continue using the cream is also dependent upon how long you’ve had the scar and how thick the scar is at the time you begin using the gel.
- Always check the scar care gel on a small portion of your skin before you apply it to a broader area. It’s important that you keep an eye on that area for any allergic reactions. If you have sensitive skin, it’s also possible that some creams could leave you with a rash or red and irritated skin.
- Certain scar care gels contain alcohol, which has a drying effect. You may wish to use a moisturizer after applying the gel to rehydrate the skin.
- Scar care gels are not recommended for use on deep wounds, puncture wounds or severe burns.
- You’ll want to store the scar care gel at room temperature. A medicine cabinet or vanity drawer would work well. Of course, if you have small children or pets at home, you’ll want to make sure the gel isn’t within their reach.
- As you browse scar care gel prices, you need to find the price per ounce, as tubes typically come in different sizes. When you divide the total cost by the number of ounces, you’ll find that the Aroamas Silicone Scar Gel and the Mederma Advanced Scar Gel, both of which are doctor recommended, have a higher cost.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide