Christopher Knight Home Mission Storage Bed Ottoman
Last updated date: July 16, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bed Ottomans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bed Ottoman you should buy.
Update as July 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bed Ottoman for a detailed review of all the top bed ottomans.
Measuring just over 50 inches in length, this bed ottoman is longer than most. It looks great at the foot of a bed or underneath a window. The tufted top and pillow-soft cushioning are attractive and functional, while the large interior provides plenty of space for storing your important items.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Christopher Knight Home Mission Storage Bed Ottoman placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
In the charge to create a beautifully designed room, (and a functional one to boot), there are certain pieces that lay the groundwork more than others. The ottoman is one of them. Its versatility as a seat, footrest, tabletop, or storage unit goes unchallenged. A real workhorse, it’s the one you want to enlist when conquering tight budgets or space restrictions. Confidently soldier on with one of these.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bed Ottomans
Not only do ottomans add a touch of style to a bedroom, but they’re extremely functional as well. They provide added seating in addition to extra storage. If you’re looking to make the most use of the space you have in your bedroom, you’ll want to consider purchasing a bed ottoman.
Examine the construction of the different ottomans first. Some are crafted using a medium-density fiberboard that is quite sturdy, while others are made out of a durable solid wood. It’s a good idea to check the weight capacity of the ottoman as well, especially if you’re planning on using it to sit on. You’ll find the weight capacity can be as little as 300 pounds or as much as 600 pounds.
Check how much assembly is required before you buy. There are foldable models, like the Seville Classics Tufted Foldable Storage Bed Ottoman, that don’t require any assembly. You simply have to unfold them after removing them from the packaging. Other ottomans come assembled with the exception of the legs, which can be screwed into place with ease. Of course, there are also models that need to be fully assembled using tools that you’ll want to make sure you have on hand before you buy.
Consider the amount of storage you need next. The SONGMICS Folding Storage Bed Ottoman is an excellent choice for moderate storage needs. It comes with a center divider, so you can keep linens on one side and blankets on the other. If you need extra storage, however, you’ll want to go with the Christopher Knight Home Mission Storage Bed Ottoman. It’s just over 50 inches wide and almost 20 inches deep.
Look for a comfortable bed ottoman that matches your style. You’ll find ottomans made using high-end imitation linen fabric and sponge padding, as well as models with beautiful stitching and an elegant tufted top. The BELLEZE Button Tufted Storage Bed Ottoman even comes in six attractive colors. They include brown, gray, natural, light brown, rustic brown and rustic gray.
The Bed Ottoman Buying Guide
- Take care to avoid overstuffing collapsible ottomans or you won’t be able to fit the lid back on the top.
- It’s good practice to give your ottoman a cleaning every so often. For the most part, you’ll probably only need to vacuum out the inside of the ottoman using your vacuum’s attachments. Should the outer fabric of your ottoman need refreshing, you’ll want to find a cleaning product that matches the specifications on the product care tag. For example, some fabrics require a water-based cleaner, while others need a solvent-based cleaner.
- There are several ways you can use an ottoman in the bedroom, besides storing extra linens. They make great side and coffee tables as well as footstools. You can use the inside storage for your purses, shoes or winter coats. If you have a pet, the ottoman can become a dog bed. If you have small children, you can place diapers or toys inside. Should you not have a dedicated office space, you can even use the ottoman to hold your important files.
- If your ottoman begins to have an unpleasant odor, sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda in the ottoman and wait 24 hours before vacuuming it up. Baking soda works to absorb odors, so it will leave your ottoman smelling clean once again.
- You’ll find bed ottomans come in a variety of price points based on construction, size and style. This allows you to choose based on whether you want a more basic and affordable product, something with a unique design and a high weight capacity — or something in between.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide