Chicago Metallic Professional 12-Cup Non-Stick Madeleine Pan, 15.75-Inch-by-7.75-Inch
Last updated: October 31, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Madeleine Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Madeleine Pan you should buy.
Professional-grade craftsmanship is what you'll get with this madeleine pan. The sturdy design made using carbon steel allows for baking tasty madeleines for friends and family for years to come. If you're pleased with the pan, you'll find the company sells other bakeware items that are complementary in style.In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the Chicago Metallic Carbon Steel Nonstick Madeleine Pan, 12-Cup placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Madeleine Pan features 12 shell shaped cups, the classic shape for the French Madeleine. Use it to create your favorite tea and dessert cakes. Let your creativity flow designing seascape desserts for fun dinners or birthday parties. The non-stick coating releases cakes effortlessly so clean up is a breeze. Oven safe to 450°F / 232°C; not intended to be used under the broiler. Sharp-edged utensils and knives should not be used. At Chicago Metallic, we believe that serious baking requires serious bakeware. That’s why we’ve been crafting innovative equipment, for professionals and serious home bakers, for over 100 years. We’ve built a global reputation one kitchen at a time. People know our products are built for durability and can be depended on year after year. We’re proud to offer three distinct lines of premium bakeware plus stylish, innovative specialty bakeware and baking essentials. The Chicago Metallic Professional line of bakeware makes cooking and baking a delight. The non-stick surface easily releases each recipe and makes clean-up effortless. It’s the preferred choice of bakers who understand quality and design, but also want professional-grade durability.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Madeleine Pan Rankings
Madeleines are known for their attractive shell-shaped design and delicious cake-like texture. They not only work well as an after-dinner dessert, but they also go swimmingly with a cup of afternoon tea. Whether you’re interested in making madeleines for your family or a group of friends, you’ll need a good madeleine pan. Below are the features you’ll want to look for when shopping for the best pan.
Start with selecting a durable madeleine pan that is designed to last. The Bellemain 12-Cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan is made from heavy-duty carbon steel that is resistant to bending and denting. It’s also able to conduct heat evenly, so each madeleine is equally delicious.
Look for a pan with a nonstick coating or you’ll need to heavily grease your pan. You’ll find some pans have a nonstick coating that releases the cakes without any effort, leaving your shell-shaped designs intact. Don’t forget to check that the nonstick coating material is free of toxins like BPA, PFOA and PTFE. Silicone-based nonstick coatings are a good choice for this reason.
Consider the number of people you plan on serving. Most madeleine pans make 12 cakes each, however, you’ll find models like the USA Pan 16-Cup Madeleine Bakeware can accommodate a larger number of madeleines with each batch. If you place two pans in the oven at a time, that’s an extra eight cakes!
Make sure the pan is able to accommodate the temperature your madeleine recipe calls for. Some pans are oven safe in temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Since most madeleine recipes range from 375 degrees Fahrenheit to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, this type of pan is a safe choice.
- You’ll need to use care as you handle the madeleine pan. It has no rim to grip and you don’t want to accidentally drop the pan and lose all of your tasty cakes.
- Check the product care label to determine how best to clean your madeleine pan. Some are dishwasher safe and others must be cleaned by hand using soapy dishwater and a non-abrasive sponge. Also, some companies point out that while the product is dishwasher-safe, it will last longer if the owner opts to wash the pan by hand.
- Sharp-edged utensils and knives are not to be used with the madeleine pans or they will scratch and remove the nonstick coating. The same goes for steel wool pads and abrasive cleaners. Once the coating is compromised, the cakes will begin to stick to the pan.
- Never use madeleine pans under a broiler. They are not designed to be used in high heat.
- Look for a warranty or money-back guarantee. Some companies offer a limited lifetime guarantee on their madeleine pans, which assures you you’re buying a quality product that manufacturers are willing to stand behind.
- The style and the quantity of cakes the madeleine pan makes affect the overall price of the pans. You’ll find the Bellemain 12-Cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan is the most affordable, while pans with a metallic design are able to command a slightly higher price. The USA Pan 16-Cup Madeleine Bakeware sits at the top of the price range, as it can make four additional madeleines at a time.