Chesapeake Bay Scented Jar Candle Gift Set, 3-Pack
Last updated date: June 11, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Candles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Candle you should buy.
These natural soy wax blend candles come in stylish soft frosted jars. The wicks are self trimming, and burn for 40 hours. All natural essential oils help to create unique scents that permeate your home. In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the Chesapeake Bay Chesapeake Bay Scented Jar Candle Gift Set, 3-Pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 11, 2020:
Checkout The Best Candle for a detailed review of all the top candles.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The Chesapeake Bay Candle mind & body collection Small glass jar candle with lid is a fragrance filled journey into wellness for the mind & body. Bundle includes Peace + Tranquility, Balance + Harmony, Serenity + Calm. Peace + Tranquility is a fresh clean and airy notes of lily of the Valley and Bergamot do not betray the relaxing nature of this fragrant aroma. Escape into the comforting arms of exotic Jasmine, cotton Blossom and rose as they soften the atmosphere. This peaceful floral combination pleasantly rests of delicate cashmere woods, white musk and sandalwood. Includes Essential oils of: Yang Yang, lemon, cedar wood. Balance + Harmony is the combination of juicy tropical fruits, ripened peach, and delicious pear rises through the soul of this harmonious fragrance. Fresh petals of rose, Violet, waterlily, and cyclamen dance around watery greens and creamy coconut. Add a sense of balance to your interior and bring the outdoors in as sandalwood fuses with the green foliage and subtle Rosewood. Includes Essential oils of: orange oil. Serenity + Calm creates a serene environment thanks to the calming and balancing benefits of lavender. Enhanced with Essential oils of Bergamot, rosemary, thyme and eucalyptus, this fragrance diffuses a fresh scent along with touches of orange Blossom, allowing you to relax your body and quiet your mind. Includes Essential oils of: rosemary, eucalyptus, camphor, lavender, lavandin, cedar wood, fir needle, fir balsam, orange, patchouli, Bergamot, thyme. When finding time has become a luxury, one needs to Pause and look inward to redefine inner Peace and inspire others. Allow moments of Stillness and the simple pleasures of fragrance to take you on a journey for the mind and body. Just as ripples expand across the water of a pond, our flow of emotions fluctuates from core energy to absolute Stillness. Let Chesapeake Bay Candle take you on a sensory journey. . .
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Candles
Whether you want to create a romantic ambiance, or you don’t have access to electricity, a candle is an excellent option. Not only does it act as a light source, it also helps to set the mood. If you opt for a scented candle, you can also create a specific atmosphere based on the types of scents used in the candle, which can help people both relax or energize.
A candle is essentially an ignitable wick, which is embedded in a cylinder of wax. It’s an interesting system because the fuel (the wax) is also the package of the igniting system (the wick). A candle wick is typically a kind of twine that is absorbent. This factor is key in igniting. The way a wick works is that it absorbs the liquid wax and moves it up the wick while the top of it burns.
The main aspect to consider when buying candles is what you’re going to use them for. If they are primarily a source of light, then you’ll want to ensure the candles you buy have a long burn time. If you’re using candles for ambiance, then there are additional aspects to note, such as color, scent and style.
There are many instances when candles come in handy. In addition to creating a romantic atmosphere or providing light, candles are actually good for your health. Lighting a candle can create a sense of calm for many people, and help those who are overcome by feelings of anxiety. For those who meditate or pray, candles can aid in visualization and manifestation techniques where you have to focus on the burning flame.
DWYM Fun Fact
Have you ever had a candle where the wax melts only around the wick, but there is a ring of solid wax around the edges of the candle? This process of called tunneling, and it’s something you want to avoid. If you have a candle where tunneling is starting to occur, use a small piece of tin foil to cover the the top of your candle. Snip a small opening for the wick, and pop it out of the foil. Light the wick and burn your candle with the foil covering on for a few hours. This will help the outer edges of your candle to melt evenly with the insides, reducing the amount of tunneling.
The Candle Buying Guide
- One of the most important elements to look at when buying a candle is what kind of materials are used to make it. Opt for premium soy wax as opposed to wax made from crude oil by-products. For with wick, a 100 percent cotton wick is best, though you can also find lead wicks on the market which may be harmful to some.
- When it comes to candle scents, decide whether you want to go natural or not. In natural candles, the scent comes from perfume-grade fragrance and essential oils. Sometimes, however, manufacturers may use synthetic fragrances and artificial colors, which can release harmful toxins in the air when burned.
- In order to get the maximum amount of burn time from your candle, only light your candle for two to three hours at a time. Be sure to trim your wick about a quarter inch before you light your candle. This is an important step you should do each time. This way, you can control the amount of wax (which is the fuel for the candle) on the wick, which in turn means that there will be less soot created as the candle burns.
- In order to keep your candles in perfect shape, be sure to store in a cool dry place without moisture. For example, don’t keep them in the bathroom or kitchen. Sometimes the essential oils in the candles can get discolored when they are exposed to a lot of moisture. Sunshine can also have the same effect.
- While candles are useful, they also add to your home décor. Be sure to pick one which complements your style. You can find candles in stylish jars and in different colors. Select one that matches your décor or go for a bold look by picking a candle that provides a bright accent color.