Chesapeake Bay Balance + Harmony Candle
Last updated date: November 13, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Aromatherapy Candles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Aromatherapy Candle you should buy.
Not only is the Chesapeake Bay Balance + Harmony Candle No. 1 among aromatherapy candles, but it's also the best value. It has 50 hours of burning time and an elegant frosted jar that gives off a romantic glow while lit. The added essential oils promote relaxation and a sense of peace. We loved the look of the green frosted jar and found the scent to be mellow in our testing. In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the Chesapeake Bay Chesapeake Bay Balance + Harmony Candle placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 14, 2019:
Checkout The Best Aromatherapy Candle for a detailed review of all the top aromatherapy candles.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Approximate burn time of 50 hours. The soft colored frosted jar candles allow the light of the flame to shine through when burning. Made from a natural soy wax blend and feature self-trimming wicks. Our fragrances that are skillfully enhanced with all natural essential oils. Designed and poured in the USA, made with ingredients from around the world.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Aromatherapy Candles
Aromatherapy is considered a form of alternative medicine and uses essential oils derived from plants. The practice comes with many benefits for both body and mind. Aromatherapy candles are one form that not only allow you to fill your home with sweet scents, but also, depending on the specific oils used, provide stress relief, energy or a peaceful night’s rest.
When buying aromatherapy candles, you should always check that the ingredients are pure and do not contain any toxic chemicals.
Next, decide if you’d like your aromatherapy candle to have a strong scent that fills the room or a combination of essential oils that promote a certain health benefit. For example, the Lulu Candles Fresh Linen Scented Candle leaves your home smelling like freshly laundered sheets. Other candles, however, may have an ingredient like lavender essential oil, which has a pleasant scent, but is mainly used for its ability to leave you feeling calm.
Check the candle’s burning time, so you can calculate how often you’d have to replace it. Some aromatherapy candles offer 50 hours of burning time, while others can burn for as many as 80 hours.
Take a look at the jar holding the candle. Some are plain and simply designed to allow the candle to burn safely. Some are decorative on the outside and some, like the Chesapeake Bay Balance + Harmony Candle, are made of frosted glass that emits a romantic glow while lit.
Finally, consider aromatherapy candles that are designed to serve a specific purpose. The Gerrard Larriett Chamomile works to neutralize unpleasant pet odors instead of just masking them. All of the ingredients are safe to use around pets and have been recommended by veterinarians.
DWYM Fun Fact
Aromatherapy has reportedly been in use for over 5,000 years. In fact, not only did the famous philosopher Dioscorides write about essential oils in 100 A.D., but the well-known physician Hippocrates also recommended them as a way to stay healthy.
Although aromatherapy didn’t become popular in the United States until after 1980, it was widely used by the Egyptians during religious ceremonies and by the French to fight diseases. The Chinese, Germans and Indians were also known to have used aromatherapy for everything from perfumes to wound cleaners.
The Aromatherapy Candle Buying Guide
- When trying a new aromatherapy candle brand, you may want to look for a 100% satisfaction or your money-back guarantee. This way, you are protected if the candle does not meet your standards.
- Aromatherapy candles make excellent birthday, Christmas and housewarming gifts. Some even come with decorative gift boxes that are sure to please any recipient.
- If your aromatherapy candle doesn’t come with a lid to extinguish the burning flame when you leave the room, use a snuffer. Blowing out the flame isn’t ideal, as this could cause hot wax to splatter up and burn you or someone near you.
- Candles should never be left unattended or placed near an item that could catch fire, such as a pile of napkins on a table or a curtain by the windowsill.
- If you have children or pets in the house, place the candles out of their reach. Consider a fireplace mantel or a top shelf.
- The National Candle Association recommends candles be extinguished and tossed once they reach 2 inches of wax (without a container) or ½ inch (with a container).
- An essential oil guide would make an excellent companion to any aromatherapy candle. The guide will list all the known benefits associated with each essential oil. For example, vanilla essential oil has antioxidant properties, eucalyptus essential oil relieves muscle pain and jasmine essential oil works as an antidepressant.
- While many aromatherapy candles are made in the United States, it is important to note that the essential oils used in making the candles are often sourced from a number of countries around the globe.
- When buying an aromatherapy candle, you’ll want to consider the price. Be sure to find a candle that fits within your budget.