Champion Sports Official Rubber Nylon Basketball
Last updated date: October 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Basketballs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Basketball you should buy.
Update as August 25, 2021:
Checkout The Best Basketballs for a detailed review of all the top basketballs.
In our analysis, the Champion Champion Sports Official Rubber Nylon Basketball placed 12th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our pro-style basketball, with rubber composite cover, is designed to be used on indoor or outdoor courts. Suitable anywhere with a hoop and a net, this basketball for adults and youth will help you win the game.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Basketballs
You only need two things to shoot hoops: a hoop and a basketball. If you want to play against someone else, you’ll need at least one other player, as well. But if you have a hoop handy, you may find that you can’t always access basketballs, especially if you play at the park or in your own backyard.
But as you start shopping around for a basketball, you’ll quickly realize there are many variations. The top consideration of any basketball is grip. You’ll want a basketball that resists slipping around to make sure when you finally do gain control of the ball, you don’t accidentally drop it. For that reason, most basketballs feature a textured surface that’s easier to grip.
Comfort is also a consideration. Some basketballs are built to allow you to easily grasp them, with slight indentations that help you grab on. If you play recreationally, or you’re new to the game and want comfort as you get started, this can be a great choice. It’s important to keep in mind if you play on a team, though, that you may get used to playing this way, only to have to adjust to a ball without this feature at game time.
The Basketball Buying Guide
- Some basketballs are designed for both outdoor and indoor use, while others specify one or the other. Basketballs can suffer significant wear when played on surfaces like concrete, so you may want to go for durability versus comfort if you’re buying for outdoor play.
- Some brands sell basketballs in varying sizes. You may want a smaller, 27.5-inch version for a youth player, for instance, or an intermediate ball for a new player who’s learning. Once you’re ready to play as part of a team, though, you’ll likely graduate to the “official” size, which is 29.5 inches, so it’s important to get used to playing with this larger size once you’ve practiced a while.
- If you’re buying a ball for official gameplay, make sure the basketball is rated for play by the appropriate association. High school basketballs are rated for play by the National Federation of State High School Associations, for instance.
- You’ll need to keep a pump handy for when your basketball needs a little extra air.
- If you’re playing in a pool, standard basketballs likely will prove too slippery in wet hands. Look for basketballs that are specifically designed for water use.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide