Cetaphil Avocado Oil Essential Vitamins Body Lotion
Last updated date: January 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Body Lotions and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Body Lotion you should buy.
Update as January 11, 2022:
Checkout The Best Body Lotion for a detailed review of all the top body lotions.
If your skin tends to be dry and sensitive, this body lotion is an excellent option. It's hypoallergenic and free from parabens and fragrances that tend to irritate skin. Instead, you'll find healing and soothing ingredients, like glycerin, vitamin B3 and avocado oil.
In our analysis of 82 expert reviews, the Cetaphil Avocado Oil Essential Vitamins Body Lotion placed 1st when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Delivers everyday moisture care for dry skin. Preventing dryness before it starts, this fast-absorbing lotion enhances skin's natural moisture, leaving skin feeling soft, smooth and replenished.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Body Lotions
All skin types can benefit from some type of moisturizer. Long, dry winters can challenge even for the oiliest skin. But whatever the condition of your skin, a daily dose of body lotion can make a big difference. Not only will it help stave off the signs of aging, but it will also make you feel better. In fact, just the act of moisturizing your skin can leave you feeling like you’ve spent a little time at a spa.
If you’ve spent time in the lotion aisle, though, you probably know there are more than a few types of body lotions. In recent years, as consumers have grown more conscientious about the chemicals in the products they use, the industry has seen a dramatic shift. Today’s lotions strive for organic ingredients free of parabens and gluten.
But when you’re shopping for body lotion, it’s more about what is in the bottle than what isn’t. Pay close attention to the active ingredients, which can vary dramatically from one product to another. Some lotions are packed with vitamins geared toward keeping your skin healthy, while others use emollients like shea butter and mineral oil.
You should also consider scent. An increasing number of lotions strive to remove all fragrances, but it’s impossible to completely eliminate scent from a product. That means some unscented lotions will have a chemical smell that’s even worse than the floral or fruity scent you would find in a scented lotion. If you have perfume sensitivities, though, an unscented option will likely be best.
All other features considered, though, the most important thing is how your skin feels, not just in the hours after applying lotion, but also a few days into daily treatment. Overall, you should be left feeling as though your skin is healthy and soft, and you should have no skin irritation or blotches as a result of using your new lotion.
The Body Lotion Buying Guide
- Each body lotion is formulated differently, so you should be able to narrow your choices by looking at what each product offers. Some natural brands are rich in hemp and shea butter, as well as vitamins A, C and E. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion uses colloidal oatmeal to help restore your skin’s pH. Other lotions are packed full of the very type of ceramide needed to retain moisture in your skin. There’s also the option to get a formula that blends almond oil with a deep moisture serum.
- Look for a lotion that is safe to use on your face as well as your body. This can help keep things simple.
- If you’re sensitive to certain ingredients, that label will become especially important. Some brands are both paraben and gluten-free, as well as 100 percent vegan. Those with alcohol sensitivities will want to stay away from lotions that have both cetearyl and cetyl alcohol. Look for a lotion that is petrolatum-, paraben- and gluten-free, and also hypoallergenic.
- Those with sensitive skin may prefer Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion, which is recommended by dermatologists even for those who have sensitivities.
- What it all boils down to is how your body lotion leaves your skin. Some brands leave your skin soft and smooth, and they also provides a protective layer that serves as a barrier against the elements. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion locks in your body’s natural moisture to keep your skin hydrated. Other lotions exfoliate to restore the natural protective barrier built into the skin.
- Some lotions leave a residue on the skin, but not the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion, which soaks into the skin without leaving a greasy film.
- Consider a lotion that is non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog your pores. This is essential in any product you use on your face, but it’s useful for the body as well.
- Many beauty products strive to be as fragrance-free as possible to help those who have scent sensitivities. But you’ll need to watch out for chemical smells in those products. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion is fragrance-free.
- Waiting for lotion to dry can be frustrating, especially if you’re trying to moisturize before getting dressed in the morning. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion soaks into the skin immediately.
- Once applied, you’ll want to make sure your lotion lasts a while. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion keeps you soft and protected for 24 hours, while other brands moisturize throughout the entire day.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide