CeraVe Salicylic Acid Rough Skin Moisturizing Cream
Last updated date: January 10, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cerave Moisturizing Creams and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cerave Moisturizing Cream you should buy.
Update as January 24, 2023:
Checkout The Best Cerave Moisturizing Cream for a detailed review of all the top cerave moisturizing creams.
In our analysis of 29 expert reviews, the CeraVe Salicylic Acid Rough Skin Moisturizing Cream placed 7th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
CERAVE SA CREAM: Body moisturizer that gently exfoliates to help soften and smooth dry, scaly, or rough and bumpy skin on legs and upper arms. Rich, velvety texture leaves skin feeling smooth. Absorbed quickly and has a non-greasy feel. EXFOLIATE & MOISTURIZE: Salicylic Acid & Lactic Acid to help exfoliate, Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin’s moisture, and Niacinamide to help calm skin. SA is a Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA), an exfoliator that removes dead skin cells and smooths skin. GENTLE ON SKIN: Suitable for body. Fragrance free, allergy-tested, and non-comedogenic. Can be paired with CeraVe Salicylic Acid Body Wash for Rough and Bumpy Skin to cleanse & exfoliate. 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES: Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier. DEVELOPED WITH DERMATOLOGISTS: CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cerave Moisturizing Creams
Dry skin isn’t just uncomfortable; it can also be unsightly. Redness, flakes and bumps are all common when you have dry skin, as are itchiness and soreness. Having the right moisturizing cream is essential so that you can provide the right nourishment for your skin while ensuring it looks and feels its best. CeraVe is a leading skincare brand with many moisturizing creams available for multiple different types of skin problems.
How do you know which CeraVe moisturizing cream to use when there are so many to choose from? Start by considering what you need the cream for. For example, are you looking for some extra hydration for under your eyes at night or are you looking for a full body cream for daily use? Do you have itchiness all over your skin or do you have sensitive skin that can’t handle certain ingredients? Knowing what area of the body you want to target as well as what skin issues you’re dealing with will help narrow down your choices.
You’ll also want to consider your skin type when choosing a CeraVe moisturizing cream. For example, do you have dry, combination or oily skin? Is your skin sensitive to certain ingredients? Do you have patches of dryness and oiliness on your skin or is it uniform throughout? Answering these questions is also important when selecting a CeraVe moisturizing cream. Typically, skin on the drier end of the spectrum requires a heavier and thicker moisturizer while skin that is combination or oily needs a moisturizer that is lighter and has a non-greasy texture.
The Cerave Moisturizing Cream Buying Guide
- While many skincare products are scented, most of CeraVe’s products are unscented and fragrance free. This is a real benefit for people who have scent sensitivities and cannot handle their skincare products having a strong fragrance.
- Pay special attention to the ingredients used in the CeraVe moisturizing cream to determine whether it will do the job you need. For example, if you suffer from itchy skin, opt for a cream that contains one percent pramoxine hydrochloride and niacinamide. If your skin is particularly dry and you want to lock in moisture, get a cream that contains hyaluronic acid and essential ceramides.
- For those who spend time outdoors and don’t want to wear an additional sunscreen, look for CeraVe moisturizing cream that contains SPF. This way, you can get the benefits of a moisturizer in addition to the benefits of a sunscreen all at once without having to layer on products.
- For some people, the greasy feeling you get after applying a moisturizing cream is a real turn-off. It can make your skin feel oily and slippery and look overly shiny. CeraVe has many products that have a non-greasy feel. They are designed to absorb into the skin quickly so you aren’t left with a layer of cream on top of the skin.
- Some CeraVe products are designed specifically for babies and kids. This means they are developed with the help of pediatric dermatologists and the products don’t contain any ingredients that may irritate the skin. These products can also be used by adults who have extra sensitive skin.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide