Cellessentials Card Holder Back Phone
Last updated date: September 10, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Phone Card Holders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Phone Card Holder you should buy.
Newer cellphones have glass backs, which can make it tough for traditional 3M adhesive-based card holders to stick. The Cellessentials Card Holder Back Phone uses an alternative type of adhesive called CellTek Bond, which it promises adheres better to glass. You can also fit up to three cards into this holder, depending on the thickness of each card. We found this card holder to be very easy to apply during our testing. In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the Cellessentials Cellessentials Card Holder Back Phone placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 11, 2019:
Checkout The Best Phone Card Holder for a detailed review of all the top phone card holders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
STRONGER ADHESIVE - Cellessentials wallet stickers have been redesigned with the strongest adhesive available that will not leave residue on your phone. Our new CellTek Bond adhesive will stick to glass backed phones much better than the 3M versions on the market. Attaches to any cell phone and sticks to most cases. CARRY LESS - Each cellphone wallet case has a pouch making it easy to carry your most important cards without needing a bulky wallet. Keep the most important cards with you at all times such as your debit card, credit card, driver's license, bus pass, train pass, business cards and more. SECURE FIT - The sleeves can hold up to 3 cards securely while feeling confident your cards will not fall out. These silicone wallets are designed to be slim while adding grip to your phone without being too bulky. The thickness of your cards will determine how many you can fit. 3 PACK - Each order comes with 3 high quality durable stick on wallets. Choose from the variety of color combinations that we offer. Give your phone a new look and stand out with these 3 pack cell phone wallets. MONEY BACK GUARANTEE- We are so sure that you will love our product that it comes with a 30-day Risk-Free 100% money-back-guarantee. If you are not fully satisfied with our product, let us know and receive a full refund.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Phone Card Holders
Students love phone card holders. Instead of carrying a purse or wallet, they can simply stick their IDs and payment cards in a pocket on the back of a smartphone and head to class. But phone card holders aren’t just for college students. They’re perfect for keeping up with your ID cards at the gym, while out with friends or even for everyday use.
In fact, these adhesive card pockets have become so popular in recent years, they’ve evolved far beyond the basic versions you could initially buy. You can find a wide variety of designs along with different pocket options to fit various preferences. But it’s important to make sure each of those pockets is designed to prevent your cards from falling out, whether that means nonslip material or a tightness that keeps your cards in place.
The adhesive used to attach the holder is also important, especially if you’re putting it directly on the back of your phone rather than on a case. You’ll need a holder with adhesive strong enough to stay in place, but it can’t be so strong that it damages the back of your phone. Many manufacturers use adhesive from 3M, maker of Post-It Notes, but there are competing products that can provide similar results.
Once you’ve narrowed your choices to the card holders that will stick to your phone, you’ll need to take a look at the pocket design that works for you. How many cards you’ll be able to hold depends on the thickness of the cards you’re adding. But typically, you can squeeze two to three cards into a phone card holder. Some phone card holders can stretch to hold even more, though, and still others have an extra front pocket that comes in handy for storing miscellaneous items like your office key or cash.
DYWM Fun Fact
Of the many things invented by accident over the centuries, Post-It Notes may be among the most famous. The adhesive was invented in 1968 by a 3M chemist named Dr. Spencer Silver. But the company didn’t have an application for the invention until 1974. One of Dr. Silver’s colleagues, Art Fry, was looking for a way to mark his place in his hymnals in choir when he thought about giving Dr. Silver’s adhesive a try. He was amazed at how effective it was in keeping his bookmark in place within leaving a residue. Fry was the one who came up with the idea of putting the adhesive on the back of notes. In 1980, Post-It Notes launched nationwide.
The Phone Card Holder Buying Guide
- The first consideration when you get your new phone card holder is whether you’ll attach it directly to the back of your phone or to the protective case you have on it. But if it’s going directly on your phone, you’ll want to make sure the adhesive doesn’t damage it. Some phones use 3M adhesive that sticks well without leaving a residue. But others, on the other hand, use a special type of adhesive that promise to sticks better to the newer glass-back style of cellphones.
- It’s important to note that some iPhones are designed with fingerprint-resistant backs, which means you will need a case to make the adhesive stick. Since glass-back phones are becoming increasingly popular, a case may be in order for any type of phone card holder you buy moving forward, though.
- Capacity is a major deciding factor in a phone card holder. The vast majority of phone card holders will hold up to three cards, which may mean your student ID, driver’s license, and a credit card, at most. There’s also a style of phone card holder that features a unique stretchy design that lets you slip in as many as eight cards. This also gives you the flexibility you need if you want to tuck some cash into it. A third type of design has two pockets: the back pocket, which holds up to four cards, and the front pocket, which can hold cash and/or a car or office key.
- As handy as a phone card holder can be, it won’t be useful at all if your cards slide out. It’s important to look at how tight each pocket is, but some phone card holders are built with a non-slip interior grip that keeps your cards in place.
- It’s also important to look at the materials used to make your phone card holder. A holder made from 100% genuine leather may be the best bet if you’re looking for durability.