Cauldryn Heated Smart Coffee Mug, 16-Ounce
Last updated date: July 27, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Smart Mugs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Smart Mug you should buy.
Update as July 27, 2021:
Checkout The Best Smart Mug for a detailed review of all the top smart mugs.
With a battery life of up to 10 hours, this heavy-duty travel carafe can keep your drinks and soups warm or even boil them within minutes. A convenient desk-charging base allows you to keep your beverages hot while also powering it up. You can control the mug's temperature through the app or through a button on top of the LED display.
In our analysis, the Cauldryn Cauldryn Heated Smart Coffee Mug, 16-Ounce placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
LONG LASTING BATTERY: Keeps your beverages the perfect temperature for up to 10 hours while you’re on the go; the included desk base can power it all day long without the battery. CONVENIENT APP: Pairs with a phone app through Bluetooth communication; from the home screen you can select from 5 preset temperatures or dial in your own. TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Choose a temperature using the app or the buttons on the mug next to the LCD display; temperature variance is larger when in power saving mode. MULTIPLE USES: Use this smart mug to brew coffee, boil water, cook freeze dried foods, brew green or black tea, heat up your soup, or regulate any drink’s temperature. COMPLETE SETUP: Includes a 16 ounce travel mug, 2.0 heating element, battery, desk base, power cord, and a lid; ideal for road trips, camping, hunting, and long days at the office.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Smart Mugs
Smart mugs are an innovative way to drink your favorite beverage. — and make sure it’s at the perfect temperature from start to finish. There are effectively two kinds of smart mugs: those with an internal battery and heating element, and those that heat a mug while connected to a charging cable or pad. This latter type should be regularly returned to its charger to maintain its temperature.
If your primary complaint is coffee going cold at your desk, charger-dependent models may be a better option. If your main complaint is tea getting cold while in transit or meetings, you’ll want a travel mug with a battery.
All smart mugs must be hand-washed, due to their sensitive electronics. However, some feature a removable liner, which allows you to clean them with more confidence that you won’t damage the wiring or battery.
Do you prefer hot or iced coffee and tea? Some smart mugs can not only keep liquids hot but also cold, primarily due to the presence of insulation and effective seals. This allows for greater flexibility, especially if you and other members of your household prefer drinks prepared in different ways.
While battery technology is advancing by leaps and bounds, smart mugs still take up a certain amount of space in your cabinets, and they can be heavy. When purchasing a smart mug, consider the bulkiness and weight alongside the mug’s performance.
If you don’t want to carry around a thermos that weighs two pounds even before you add liquid, you may want to opt for a smaller design with less battery life. Alternatively, you could view it as exercise and use the mug as a weight for arm curls in your downtime.
The Smart Mug Buying Guide
- Review your smart mugs before buying to make sure that they are effective insulaters. While better batteries can ensure a longer charge to keep your coffee warm, a well-insulated mug makes the warming element more effective. Thus, you can still expect some warmth even after the charge runs out.
- Some people will be concerned about the electromagnetic energy of a smart mug being harmful to humans and pets, but rest assured that the charging field is very closely contained around the charging pad. Your mug will stop charging unless it is within a few millimeters of the pad; that is the effective range of the radiation it emits. So, unless you put it right next to your body for prolonged periods of time, you should have nothing to worry about.
- If you select a mug that claims to heat a liquid from cold to boiling, be aware that this process will consume much more battery life than if it were simply maintaining a heated liquid’s temperature.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide