CATIGA CS-121 Formula 3-Mode Scientific Calculator
Last updated date: January 20, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Scientific Calculators and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Scientific Calculator you should buy.
Update as January 20, 2022:
Checkout The Best Scientific Calculator for a detailed review of all the top scientific calculators.
This reliable scientific calculator comes in a choice of sleek black, bright pink or calming blue. In addition to the 20 built-in graphs and ability to calculate fractions, this model also offers a handy instant replay feature, so you can review a problem until you understand it. With this calculator, you can even solve standard deviation and linear regression problems with ease.
In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the CATIGA CS-121 Formula 3-Mode Scientific Calculator placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SCIENTIFIC CALCULATOR WITH GRAPHIC FUNCTION - This is a scientific calculator that is able to show graphs of formulas. It features a screen large enough to be able to display graphs and equations simultaneously, allowing you to see calculations and corrections in high detail. Its 7 x 3.3 size ensures comfortable use. MULTIPLE MODES - This calculator features 3 operating modes: Angular Measurement, Calculation, and Display modes. More information is available in the photos. OVER 280 FUNCTIONS - Including fractions, statistics, complex number calculations, linear regression, standard deviation, permutations, and variable solving. Perfect for Advanced and Beginner courses including Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, AP Calculus, AP Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Finance & Business. If you are not able to turn on the calculator, please press the reset button on the back! If you still have any other issues, we offer a 365-day limited warranty. Please contact us and we will give you a response within 24 hours.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Scientific Calculators
Calculators are useful for many common tasks such as balancing a budget or calculating tax. However, for students in math or science courses or for professionals who work in the realms of engineering, math, information technology or computer science, more advanced functionality in a calculator is required.
Scientific and engineering calculators are equipped to handle most operations that students and science professionals will need to perform on a day-to-day basis, though there are a number of factors that are important to keep in mind.
If the user is a student, some calculators may have too much functionality and will not be allowed by the teacher or professor. Many algebra classes, for example, do not allow graphing calculators because part of the course material is learning how to graph equations and functions, so a calculator that does it for the student is barred.
Another functionality that may not be permitted in certain courses is the ability to program the calculator, such as to do recursive or serial operations. Both of these abilities are typically not allowed in standardized testing scenarios. On the flip side, some higher level math classes such as calculus instead require graphing and/or programming capabilities.
Scientific or engineering calculators have a number of advanced abilities and functions such as exponentiation, taking roots, logarithmic functions, calculating trigonometric functions and many others. These features are generally accessed by buttons that have multiple functions each.
When shopping for a scientific calculator, first make sure it has the functionality you need and does not have any abilities that are not allowed in your context. Next, consider ease of use issues. Are the buttons too small or just the right size? Is the writing on the buttons easy to read? If there is additional functionality such as memory or replay capabilities, are they intuitive and straightforward to use?
Another consideration with scientific calculators is the display. Many calculators have single-line displays that show something like 10 digits, which is sufficient for many purposes. However, some calculators have multiple lines used for displaying the input alongside the output or for displaying equations and formulas in a “natural” style similar to how they are written in textbooks and standard notation. This type of display includes things like stacked fractions, radicals, symbols, superscripts, integrals and so on.
Finally, make sure that the calculator comes in a size that comfortably fits in your hand. Many calculators also have protective cases over the front that flip around to protect the back of the calculator when it’s in use.
The Scientific Calculator Buying Guide
- If the calculator is for a student or may be used for tests such as the SAT, ACT or GMAT, find out the specifications of permissible calculators before purchasing. What’s required in one context may be banned in another.
- Ideally, a single calculator will meet all your needs, but some students end up with three calculators: an arithmetic-only simple calculator, a scientific calculator and a graphing calculator.
- Consider the type of battery and how easy it is to access. Some calculators are solar-powered, but still might have battery backup.
- Solar power is convenient and reduces battery waste, but can be a hassle if you forgot to charge it (if you left it in a backpack or briefcase, for example) and there is no backup.
- If there are batteries, make sure they are a common type (such as AA or AAA) and are easy to access without requiring tools.
- The brightness and resolution of the display can be a deciding factor. Some lower-end calculators have displays that show “ghosts” of numbers not currently displayed and can be hard to read.
- In bright environments, dim displays can also be a problem. Make sure the display resolution suits your needs and reading preferences, with numbers that are a comfortable size, style and darkness for you to read.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide