CATAN Junior Strategy Board Game
Last updated date: September 9, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kids' Board Games and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kids' Board Game you should buy.
Update as September 9, 2021:
Checkout The Best Kids’ Board Games for a detailed review of all the top kids' board games.
When it comes to kids' board games, you can beat a pirate adventure, which is what you'll get with this set. Players are transported to a mysterious island, where they will have to come up with a strategy to expand their empire. The game is easy to learn and can be completed in 30 minutes, which is best for younger children who don't have a long attention span.
In our analysis, the CATAN CATAN Junior Strategy Board Game placed 5th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
STRATEGY GAME FOR KIDS: CATAN Junior takes place on a ring of tropical isles—including the mysterious Spooky Island, home of the Ghost Captain. Each island generates a specific resource: wood, goats, molasses, or cutlasses. You can also find gold. FUN ADVENTURE GAME FOR KIDS: You start with 2 pirate lairs, and then build ships in order to expand your network. The more lairs you build, the more resources you may receive. Use your resources to build ships, lairs, or to get help from the wise Coco the Parrot. You can even trade in the nearby market. PERFECT INTRODUCTION TO THE CATAN FAMILY BOARD GAME: Whether you play as a family, a board game group, or via video conference as you stay at home, CATAN is a social game that provides plenty of opportunities for player interaction. EASY TO LEARN: CATAN Junior lets younger players experience the world of CATAN by introducing a simpler playing style. NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This kids and family board game can be played with 2 to 4 players. The average playtime is 30 minutes.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kids' Board Games
In addition to supplying hours of entertainment, playing board games can also strengthen relationships, relieve stress and boost brain function — particularly in kids. Even the simplest board games can help young children learn how to identify colors and count spaces and practice essential etiquette like waiting your turn, following rules and good sportsmanship. Games with incorporated educational elements are also a fun way for school-age kids to work on skills they may be struggling with, like spelling, math or reading.
Meanwhile, playing strategy-centric board games can help older kids and teens develop the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex regions of the brain, which are responsible for skills like planning, organizing, problem-solving and decision-making. For adults, board games offer the opportunity to unplug from the digital world while connecting with family members and friends in a fun way.
The Kids' Board Game Buying Guide
- Board games can help kids learn how to make friends. For little ones who struggle to make conversation with others, consider purchasing one that requires verbal communication, like a guessing game.
- Since playing a board game encourages young children to practice patience and wait their turn, they can help kids increase their frustration tolerance when things don’t go their own way in the real world.
- Make family game night a regular, weekly occurrence to ensure your crew always has some screen-free bonding time on the calendar. It’s also helpful to stock your board game library with a selection of both classic and modern options to keep things interesting.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide