CARNATION Magnetic & UV Counterfeit Detection Bill Counter
Last updated date: May 28, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bill Counters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bill Counter you should buy.
In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the CARNATION CARNATION Magnetic & UV Counterfeit Detection Bill Counter placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bill Counter for a detailed review of all the top bill counters.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
If you manage any business that handles large amounts of cash, you need to make sure that you can process it quickly and efficiently. The Carnation Money Counter makes handling cash a breeze, so that you can focus on other priorities of your business. It counts money at 1000 bills per minute. It can feed and hold up to 200 banknotes at a time and doubles as a counterfeit bill detector. Ultraviolet Light: Checks for any security markings that glow under UV light. Magnetic Ink: Detects iron oxide in ink used in real money. Counting Speed: 1000 Bills / Minute Feeder Capacity: 200 Bills Carrier Capacity: 200 Bills Display: 4 Digit LED for counting 3 Digit LED for Batch preset, 6 Digit LED for Batch result Power Supply: 110V/60Hz. This multi-currency money counter will save you lots of time. Instead of sitting there counting bills by hand and tallying up the total this machine will do all that for you and more! The bill counter machine is ideal for increasing productivity and efficiency in businesses that deal with large amounts of cash on a day to day basis.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bill Counters
If you run a business, you know how long it can take to count every dollar by hand before running it over to the bank. Fortunately, bill counter machines are available and they are able to do all the hard work for you. As you begin your search for the best bill counter, you’ll want to keep an eye out for a few essential features.
Make sure the unit you’re interested in is durable. You don’t want it to fall apart after just a few months of use. The Kolibri UV Detection Bill Counter is made using a dependable metal construction, instead of flimsy plastic. It also uses a straight bill path to reduce the chances that one or more of your bills get jammed inside the machine.
Look for a model that will save you time. For example, the TACKLIFE Counterfeit Detection LED Bill Counter has the ability to count as many as 1,000 bills every 60 seconds. This should be fast enough for most, although they do make bill counters that can handle as many as 1,300 per minute.
Review the LED display and its surrounding buttons. Opting for a model that is easy to use will reduce the number of headaches you experience while trying to figure out how to successfully operate the bill counter.
Make sure the bill counter meets your needs. For example, a great number of bill counters only count one denomination. That means you can’t mix 10s and 20s together, as the machine won’t recognize that one bill is more valuable than another. You’ll have to place all the 10s in first to determine how many you have, remove them from the machine and then place the 20s next. Of course, you can always spend a little extra for a machine that is capable of handling multiple denominations at once.
Check to see if the bill counter is able to detect counterfeit bills, like the Kaegue Counterfeit Detection Bill Counter. In fact, this model utilizes three powerful methods to detect counterfeit money. They are ultraviolet (UV), magnetic (MG) and Infrared (IR). This bill counter will even alert you to any ripped or damaged bills.
Consider any extra features that add value to the bill counter. For example, the GStar Counterfeit Detection Bill Counter comes with an external display. It also runs quietly with an operating noise level of fewer than 60 decibels.
DWYM Fun Fact
As long as currency has been used, there have been individuals who have attempted to counterfeit it. For example, coins made from gold and silver were counterfeited with less valuable metals, like copper and tin. A 2006 survey conducted by the U.S. Department of the Treasury revealed that one in every 10,000 bills in circulation today is actually fake.
It may surprise you to learn that the most counterfeited bills are 20s and 100s. Another interesting fact is that the Secret Service was actually formed at the direction of Abraham Lincoln. to combat counterfeiting and not protect the president.
The Bill Counter Buying Guide
- Make sure the display panel is easy to read. You want a bill counter with a bright LED light.
- Should your bill counter not come with a dust cover, you’ll want to make sure you routinely wipe the machine down using a lint-free cloth. You don’t want dust build-up to begin affecting the machine’s ability to operate efficiently.
- Bill counters can jam if the bills are crinkled. Make sure you take the time to smooth the bills out before you place them in the machine.
- In addition to businesses that accept cash, churches may also find bill counters helpful when preparing offering deposits for the bank.
- If you uncover a counterfeit bill, the U.S. Department of the Treasury advises that you report your findings to the U.S. Secret Service, or your local police if there is no Secret Service office near your location. They also suggest you place the counterfeit bill in a plastic bag without touching it and that you refrain from returning it to the perpetrator.
- The cost for a bill counter varies greatly, depending upon its construction materials, features and ability to detect counterfeit currency. The Kaegue Counterfeit Detection Bill Counter and the Kolibri UV Detection Bill Counter are among the most affordable models. You’ll pay a moderate price for the TACKLIFE Counterfeit Detection LED Bill Counter, while the GStar Counterfeit Detection Bill Counter comes in with the highest price tag.