Carl & Kay Assorted Color Chenille Stems, 348-Count
Last updated date: December 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chenille Stems and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chenille Stem you should buy.
Editor's Note December 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Chenille Stems for a detailed review of all the top chenille stems.
You'll get 348 pieces in 29 different colors in this package, with each wire measuring 12 inches by 6 millimeters. The pipe cleaners are made from nontoxic wire and fiber to provide long-lasting play while also keeping your kids safe. You'll also get a bonus package of 48 adhesive googly eyes in various sizes to enhance your designs.
In our analysis, the Carl & Kay Carl & Kay Assorted Color Chenille Stems, 348-Count placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
EASY CLEAN UP / HANDY ZIPLOCK BAG: Our pipe cleaners come neatly packaged in a high quality, zipper bag for quick and easy clean up. VALUE PACK: 348 pieces in 29 exciting colors with 12 pieces of each color! Made of safe, non-toxic wire and fiber—12 inches x 6mm. FREE BONUS GOOGLY EYES: Each bag includes 48 adhesive googly eyes—in 4 different sizes! PREMIUM CHENILLE STEMS: Our high quality pipe cleaners are flexible, durable and can be bent, curled, straightened and then re-used. They can easily be cut into your desired length. PERFECT KID’S GIFT: These pipe cleaners are a great gift option for crafty kids—perfect for helping to develop kid’s imaginations and teaching them to solve problems creatively.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chenille Stems
Whether you call them chenille stems or pipe cleaners, the build and usage are the same. They’re made of wire that’s surrounded in softer threads, allowing you to make fun art projects out of them. You can also use them to clean your pipe, but chances are, if you’re shopping for a pipe cleaner, you have crafts on your mind.
Chenille stems can sometimes be softer, with a higher-quality yarn, than items advertised as pipe cleaners. But that doesn’t mean it’s always the case. It’s important to pay close attention to the build of any stem you’re considering, particularly if you’re using them for making crafts.
Although the yarn determines how soft the stem is against your fingers, the wire is the most important thing to consider. This is especially true if you plan to reuse your pipe cleaner multiple times. A quality wire will allow you to bend, straighten and re-bend your cleaner again as you move from one project to another.
If you’re buying pipe cleaners or chenille stems for your child to use, though, quality might not be as important as quantity and colors. You may find that you get more flexibility with an extremely large assortment of colors, eliminating the need to reuse the same stems over and over.
The Chenille Stem Buying Guide
- One set of pipe cleaners can give you or your children hours of fun. You’ll find plenty of inspiration on sites like Pinterest, as well as on blogs. Look for new ideas and challenge yourself.
- One way to have fun with pipe cleaners is to make pencil toppers or napkin holders. Think of functional items your kids can make. They’ll feel pride every time they see the family using the crafts they made.
- Pay close attention to the variety of colors you get in your set. You may have hundreds of stems, but only a few different color options. An assortment of dozens of different colors can give you the variety you need.
- A pack of solid stems can come in handy, though, particularly if it’s a color you find yourself using often. Consider investing in a set of black or white stems to have a neutral option to complement your projects.
- Think about what else you’ll need for your art projects. You can buy accessories like eyes and noses separately.
- Although having the right length can come in handy, keep in mind that you can trim your pipe cleaner to the size you need. That means it’s likely better to err on the longer side. You’ll need a pair of wire cutters on hand for trimming to size.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide