Capcom Monster Hunter: World
Last updated date: July 25, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Multiplayer Games and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Multiplayer Game you should buy.
Update as July 25, 2019:
Checkout The Best Multiplayer Game for a detailed review of all the top multiplayer games.
Capcom's "Monster Hunter: World" is a third-person action game that brings realistic landscapes to the gaming experience. You can choose between high-resolution display for 4K gaming or framerate gameplay, which gives a smoother combat experience. To use the multiplayer feature in this game, you'll need to create a squad and invite all your friends. From then on, you can search for an active squad when you log in and join games in progress.
In our analysis of 87 expert reviews, the PS4 Monster Hunter: World placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Monster Hunter: world sees players Gear up to Venture on quests to battle against fearsome monsters, progressively improving their hunting abilities as they play. Loot collected from Fallen foes can be used to create new equipment and armor upgrades as players seamlessly move across map areas that comprise the living ecosystems. The landscape and its diverse inhabitants play a critical role as players strategically use the surrounding environment to their advantage. Hunters must use their cunning and abilities to survive the intense and evolving fights as they battle to become the Ultimate Hunter. PEGI rated game is comparable to ESRB T rating. Game is region free with no restrictions
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Multiplayer Games
You’ve been a gamer for years, honing your skills and dominating at even the higher levels. Only competing against yourself can get old, though. Your competitive spirit wants to go head to head with other gamers at your skill level.
At one time, playing against someone else meant sitting side by side, sharing a console. That isn’t always practical, though, especially as you get older and your gaming time is limited. Fortunately, the internet has made multiplayer gaming virtual. From the comfort of your home, you can compete against players on the other side of the world.
Most multiplayer games will match you with others who have a similar skillset. You can even form a team that you regularly play. This team may be made up of strangers, friends or a combination of both, but knowing they might be online brings a social element to gaming that you wouldn’t have in single-player mode. One of the best things about multiplayer mode is that some games let you chat with your fellow players, so make sure your game features this before you buy.
Of course, the top decider when you’re looking for a multiplayer game will relate to how well you like the game itself. Many big-name games now offer multiplayer mode, so chances are you can find a game you like that will give you this feature. For multiplayer mode, though, you’ll need to make sure the storyline is built for working in teams. If not, you may find the experience is less than satisfying.
If you have a mobile gaming device like a Nintendo Switch, you’ll find the multiplayer options are more flexible. You’ll be more likely to be playing your team in person, so it will be set up to accommodate that as well as the option of playing online. Look into the multiplayer options for games that sound interesting to you and choose one that seems like it would be fun.
The Multiplayer Game Buying Guide
- If you want the game with the best multiplayer experience, check out PS4’s “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.” You’ll get the choice of several different modes, including Control, which pits two teams against each other to alternate between attack and defense. Heist has two 5v5 teams that compete to capture a bag of cash, and Hardpoint puts two 5v5 teams against each other to capture and hold various objectives on the map.
- XBOX ONE’s “Red Dead Redemption 2” has a new online multiplayer experience, which brings other players into the game. You’ll have the choice of joining a posse to complete missions together or play in Free Roam mode, where you can invite people to your session if you want to hang out while playing. If you choose the Quick Join option, you can quickly be matched with someone who can join you on missions.
- If you want to participate in PS4’s “Monster Hunter: World’s” multiplayer options, you first should create a squad. Invite all the people you want on your squad and choose a clever name. You’ll then be set up to join a session in progress. You’ll just select Squad Session Search and, if one is in progress, jump right in if you want.
- With Nintendo Switch’s “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate,” you have multiple options for joining others in your gameplay. If you’re in person, you can launch a local wireless game with up to eight players by linking up your Nintendo Switches. Online play gives you the option of playing against up to four players, matched based on your preferred rules and Global Smash Power. If you want to play with friends, just set up a private room, or you can play against only one friend who also has a Switch by setting up a single console and playing online in two-player mode.
- “Call of Duty” has long been a gamer favorite, but PS4’s “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4” is better than ever. Not only does it provide multiplayer mode, but it has fluid shooting and a smaller map that intensifies the game. With this release, multiplayer moves to the next level, combining great gunplay with the ability to be more tactical in your gameplay.
- One of the best things about XBOX ONE’s “Red Dead Redemption 2” is that no matter how many hours you play, it never gets old. The story is full of twists and turns, ensuring that no two gaming sessions will be alike. One of the best things about XBOX ONE’s “Red Dead Redemption 2,” though, is the beautiful, vast, realistic depictions of various American landscapes. You’ll truly feel immersed in the world.
- PS4’s “Monster Hunter: World” is also impressive for its landscapes. This third-person action game will let you choose between high-resolution gameplay, if you have a 4K display or framerate gameplay to ensure your combat is as smooth as possible. In addition to the breathtaking visual detail, you’ll also enjoy the ongoing downloadable content updates you’ll get once you buy the game, ensuring you’ll always have something to anticipate.
- Impressive, customizable music sets Nintendo Switch’s “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate” apart from competitors. Choose what you want to hear and start playing. You’ll also get familiar characters and fast, fluid action that will keep even the most experienced gamers satisfied.
- One complaint with PS4’s “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4” is that its quest to dominate the multiplayer experience has come at the expense of single-player mode. PS4’s “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4” doesn’t have a single-player campaign. If you plan to play in single-player mode, you may be disappointed. The overall goal of the developers is to eventually have a game that you can play solo or in groups and do completely away with the single/multiplayer binary.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide