Calphalon Splatter Guard
Last updated date: October 14, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Splatter Screens and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Splatter Screen you should buy.
Update as June 28, 2021:
Checkout The Best Splatter Screen for a detailed review of all the top splatter screens.
This splatter screen is designed to save space in the kitchen while providing added usability. It can be used on different sized pans, and has a heat-resistant silicone handle. However, it cannot go in the dishwasher and is difficult to clean by hand.
In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the Calphalon Splatter Guard placed 5th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Calphalon Splatter Guard protects your stove top from splatter when preparing fried or sautéed foods. The perforated brushed stainless steel splatter shield allows foods to cook without steaming and the spatter screen has a silicone handle that stays comfortably cool on the stove top
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Splatter Screens
Hate all those grease marks over your stove? Have you ever been burned by splattering grease while cooking? What you need is a splatter screen. This is one of those kitchen gadgets that doesn’t get the limelight but provides a lot of value to home cooks.
A splatter screen is designed to catch any drops of grease that fly out from the pan while cooking. Whether you’re searing steak or salmon or stir-frying up peppers and onions, some grease is bound to rise up when the ingredients heat up in the pan. If you don’t enjoy having to wipe grease off your stove and want to ensure you don’t get any grease burns, then topping your pan with a splatter screen can save the day.
Splatter screens are quite simply designed. They have a mesh screen that is stretched across a metal circle frame. They also have a thin metal or plastic-covered handle. The genius of the product is that the mesh allows the steam to escape while keeping the grease in the pan. This way, the splatter screen doesn’t affect the cooking process. All it does it keep the mess contained.
When you’re looking for a splatter screen, pay attention to the kind of material it’s made out of. Most commonly, splatter screens will have a wire mesh, with a rim made from aluminum, stainless steel or silicone. While aluminum and silicone should be hand-washed, stainless steel can be cleaned in the dishwasher. Keep in mind the aluminum is prone to rust, while stainless steel will remain rust-free. Silicone splatter screen can be used as counter trivets in addition to their primary purpose.
The Splatter Screen Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for a splatter screen, make sure that the size of the gadget fits your pans. You don’t want to buy one that’s too big, as it will slide off the pan. A small one will just fall into the pan and you’ll end up with a lot more grease flaring up. The Bellemain Splatter Screen has a 13” diameter, as does the BergKoch Grease Splatter Screen for Frying Pan, which is also available in 9.5, 11.5 and 15-inch sizes. Some models come with three different guards, so you can use them on 8, 10 and 11-inch pans.
- If you don’t enjoy scrubbing grease off your dishes, then opt for a splatter screen that is easy to clean. You want to make sure that the grease can be removed from the guard quickly and simply. The Bellemain Splatter Screen can be placed into the dishwasher or wiped down easily with a cloth. The BergKoch Grease Splatter Screen for Frying Pan is also dishwasher safe, while other screens need to be wiped down by hand.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide