California Design Den Cotton Sheets & Pillowcases Set
Last updated date: September 25, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sheet Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sheet Set you should buy.
Update as September 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Sheet Set for a detailed review of all the top sheet sets.
In our analysis of 124 expert reviews, the California Design Den Cotton Sheets & Pillowcases Set placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Long Staple Pure Cotton - Sateen Weave. Imported from Ethically Certified Factory in India FOR MATCHING EXTRA PILLOWCASE PAIRS SEARCH: B079WZCN7Q HIGHEST QUALITY BEST COTTON SHEETS New & Improved Version: If you love the feel of luxurious hotel sheets and crisp pillowcases, you’ll adore our 600 thread count sheets. We use fine yarns made with long staple cotton fiber and a gorgeous sateen weave. Our sheets get softer with each wash, lifetime softness, resist fading, and they’re incredibly eco-friendly. Premium cotton yarns ensure sheets of the utmost comfort with detailed hem styling, also available in Twin, Full, King & Cal King sheets. QUEEN Size Luxury 4-Piece Bed Sheets Set - Each set includes 1 Flat Sheet, 90" x 102"; 1 Fully Elasticized all around Fitted Sheet, 60" x 80" + 16", with deep pockets to fit mattresses from 9" to 18"; and 2 Standard Pillowcases, 21" x 32". Our Deep Pocket fitted sheet feature Smart Head/ Foot Tag to indicate the width side of the fitted sheet for ease of use. Highest quality dye materials are used for fade resistance. Recommended for regular wash & short dry cycles for superior softness. CERTIFIED STANDARD 100 BY OEKO-TEX - Your new sheets are tested thoroughly to ensure the utmost safety and comfort. Every inch of our fabric meets top performance standards for pilling, shrinkage, color fastness, strength, and thread count. Extensive product checks and ongoing audits ensure sustainability. Each piece of fabric is measured individually and each linen is stitched to perfection. Before packaging, we inspect each piece individually to ensure it is flawless. LEED v4 GOLD CERTIFIED - Our linens are made ethically, using environmentally friendly materials and processes. Each product is created in a certified, socially compliant, and awarded factory that supports more than 300 working families. Our fabrics are made in a Gold Rated LEED v4 Certified Facility, which is equipped with leading - edge machinery. It is only the second manufacturing facility in the world to achieve Gold LEED EBOM certification from the US Green Building Council (USGBC). 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Our products are backed by incredible customer service. We are dedicated to ensuring you have an excellent experience, from the moment you place your order until you sleep on your new bedding the first time. ORDER NOW, risk-free. Our designs match any décor and are a wonderful gift idea for men and women, Moms and Dads, Valentine's, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Christmas. Refresh any room simply, from a kids’ room to the master suite of your vacation home.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sheet Sets
High-quality cotton sheets can be pricey, especially if you’re buying for a dorm room or outfitting your rarely used guest room mattresses. In recent years, advancements in microfiber design have provided an alternative. Not only are these sheets much more affordable, but they rival cotton sheets both in comfort and design.
However, not all microfiber sheets hold the same standards. Breathability is an important issue in sheets. Thin sheets feel better in the summertime, certainly, but microfiber still won’t be quite as breathable as cotton. That means you should make sure you wash them on a regular basis to prevent odors and mold, especially if you have sensitivities.
One thing complicating the buying process is that microfiber sheets aren’t graded by thread count like cotton sheets are. That can make comfort a guessing game. It’s important to pay attention to reviews to make sure you get sheets that you’ll love sleeping on.
As mattresses have gotten thicker, shopping for sheets has also become more complicated. Before you start shopping, measure the thickness of your mattress to make sure the fitted sheet you choose will fit over the sides. Many of today’s sheet sets have deep pockets to accommodate both thick mattresses and the memory foam toppers on many beds today. If you don’t have a thick mattress, you’ll have to shop for a sheet set that is built for your bed type.
Durability is also essential in a sheet set. You’ll want to be able to wash your sheets on a fairly regular basis without having to worry about wear. The best microfiber sheets are built to resist pilling and fading over time. You should also be able to wash them on cold and dry them on a cooler setting. Unless you like ironing your sheets, be sure to search for sheets built for wrinkle resistance.
The Sheet Set Buying Guide
- The first thing to look at as you’re searching for a new sheet set is size options. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set, Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set and Bare Home 1800 Thread Sheet Set have dozens of color options, plus sizes ranging from twin to California and Split King. The AmazonBasics Sheet Set has dozens of color options but a smaller selection of sizes.
- Most microfiber sheets allow you to wash them, but it’s recommended you stick to cold temperatures to avoid fading. You’ll also need to dry them on low heat. One of the benefits of microfiber sheets over cotton, though, is that they dry faster. You may notice lint tends to stick more to microfiber material than cotton, so it’s best to avoid washing items like blankets and towels with your sheets.
- If you want your sheets to have that just-pressed look without pulling out the iron, look for wrinkle-resistant material. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set, Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set, Bare Home 1800 Thread Sheet Set and AmazonBasics Sheet Set all keep wrinkles to a minimum, but it’s always best to remove your sheets from the dryer as soon as you hear the timer.
- All things considered, it’s all about how the sheets feel when you slide between them at night. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set has a level of softness similar to what you find with the best hotel sheets.
- If you have sensitivities, the Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set and Bare Home 1800 Thread Sheet Set are hypoallergenic, and the Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set is designed to resist bed bugs.
- Measure the depth of your mattress before you buy. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set and AmazonBasics Sheet Set are designed to work with mattresses of up to 16 inches deep, while the Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set is better on 12-inch mattresses. Although you can use a 16-inch fitted sheet on a shallower mattress, you’ll have to deal with tucking the excess in.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide