CakeSupplyShop Sugar Seashells Mermaid Cake Decorations, 12-Pack
Last updated date: May 24, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as May 24, 2022:
Checkout The Best Edible Mermaid Cake Decorations for a detailed review of all the top .
This set of 12 sea-themed decorations are both tasty and nice to look at it. The decorations can be added to your baked treats with no extra work required on your part. Each piece is made from finely granulated sugar and painted with edible food colors for an option that isn’t just beautiful, but tasty.
In our analysis, the CakeSupplyShop CakeSupplyShop Sugar Seashells Mermaid Cake Decorations, 12-Pack placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Ready to use sugar decorations. 12pack Sea / Beach themed Sugar Decorations. Sugar decorations are made primarily from finely granulated sugar (contains egg whites) which is molded into various shapes and spray painted with edible food colors. Excellent for sea, beach, mermaid themed parties.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Mermaids may not be real, but that hasn’t kept humankind from an endless fascination with them. Our interest in mermaids has been traced all the way back to the Stone Age, with cave paintings depicting the mythical creatures. That was during a time when humans are believed to have first started heading out onto the sea in boats.
For children, mermaids represent something magical and fantastical. They might dress as a mermaid for Halloween or choose mermaid decorations for their bedroom. For parents, that also means a mermaid theme can be a great option for birthday parties and other big gatherings. The right decorations can turn an ordinary kids’ party into one that brings a smile to the face of every child in attendance.
One place to really ramp up your mermaid theme is with the cake that serves as the centerpiece of any party. Simply add some matching napkins, plates and cups, and you have an instant party. But you don’t have to pay a fortune for a specially designed cake to achieve a mermaid look. You can either bake your own or buy a regular birthday cake, then set your theme using decorations.
For your mermaid-themed parties, there are multiple options. You can choose molds that let you create larger accents for cakes or to be eaten separately as candy. There are also smaller molds to add a sea theme to your cupcakes and cookies, as well as your cakes. With these molds, you simply insert fondant, chocolate or other types of moldable treats and wait for it to set.
If you’d like something that’s ready to go, look for fully formed candies. These can be used right out of the box for a quick solution. Since you aren’t making your own in this case, you’ll have to pay close attention to flavors. There are also sprinkles with mermaid shapes included that provide a quick, easy solution.
The Buying Guide
- Mermaid themes don’t have to stay limited to mermaids. Once you’ve set up your larger mermaid items, you can accentuate the theme with sea creatures, shells and other things from the sea.
- If you’re concerned about safety, look for molds made from food-grade materials. With plastics, you’ll often see “BPA free” as a selling point, which refers to a lack of the chemical bisphenol A. When buying candies or sprinkles to use that are already made, you’ll need to look closely to ensure that the dyes used in the coloring process are safe for consumption.
- Those who plan to use mermaid molds on a regular basis will want to look for one built to hold up over time.
- Mermaid decorations usually follow a pastel theme. If you want to involve your kids in the process, search for a mold built-in fun pastel colors to match.
- Some candy molds aren’t limited to confectionery uses. Your kids can use them for crafts like clay and soap making.
- You’ll need to clean your molds between uses. It can come in handy to find one that’s dishwasher safe, but if you’re only using it for one occasion, this might not be as important a consideration.
- For molds, a nonstick surface is essential. Test your mold out before the big day to make sure you’ve chosen one that doesn’t stick.
- When you’re planning a mermaid party, don’t forget the sparkle. One of the best things about mermaid decorations is that no amount of glitter is too much. You can choose sparkly sprinkles or add a little edible glitter.
- A fun way to further set the scene is to let your little ones dress up in mermaid costumes. You can also find sea-themed crowns and accessories that will bring a little extra joy to any occasion.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide