C-Hopetree Ladder Desk
Last updated date: January 20, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Leaning/Ladder Desks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Leaning/Ladder Desk you should buy.
The C-Hopetree Ladder Desk is easy to assemble and doesn't require any tools. It's designed to fit in small spaces. The metal frame is durable, while the wood adds a bit of charm. You can use it as a quiet reading nook or a place to study for a test. In our analysis of 2 expert reviews, the C-Hopetree C-Hopetree Ladder Desk placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Leaning/Ladder Desk for a detailed review of all the top leaning/ladder desks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
This C-Hopetree Ladder Style Desk is the ultimate workspace for any home office or study room. With a top shelf for extra storage or styling needs, the vintage wood look A Frame Computer Desk provides a compact design to fit a variety of spaces. It is the perfect laptop workstation for any student or busy professional. Pair this industrial metal frame Ladder Desk with the matching Ladder Shelf from the C-Hopetree Furniture Collection (sold separately) to bring style to any room in your home, office, apartment, or dorm room. Specifications and Special Features: · Sturdy galvanized steel frame. · Quality MDF Board with Wood look Veneer Laminate. · Powder coated frame for durability. · Dimensions: 29"w x 19"d x 58" h approximately. · Product weight: 19lbs approximately. · Maximum shelf capacity: 30lbs. . Maximum TOP shelf capacity: 15lbs. · Easy to assemble.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Leaning/Ladder Desks
Desks are handy for many tasks, including completing school assignments, catching up on work projects and sitting down to organize and pay the monthly bills. Unfortunately, not all homes have large enough spaces to dedicate to a big desk. That’s where ladder desks, also commonly referred to as leaning desks, come in handy. This type of desk fits in smaller spaces and uses a wall for support.
If you’re in the market for a leaning desk, you’ll want to take into consideration a few different features.
Start out examining the materials used to make the ladder desk. Some are made from wood, while others are entirely metal. Then there are leaning desks made out of a combination of wood and metal, like the C-Hopetree Ladder Desk. The desk’s steel frame provides excellent support, while the laminated wood desk adds style.
Next, determine how much weight you need the desk to hold. Some are lightweight and only have a weight capacity of 30 pounds. This is fine if you’re simply using the desk to read a book, take notes or scroll through your tablet. The Bush Furniture Ladder Desk is a better choice for projects that require using a home computer and printer, as it holds up to 100 pounds. It even has a large drawer with flip-down lid for storing a host of office supplies.
Consider choosing a leaning desk that matches your decor. You could go with an industrial model or one with more of a farmhouse feel. There are also options with a contemporary look. Look to the colors and materials in your home for inspiration.
DWYM Fun Fact
Although some of the earliest desks were created in the 17th century, they weren’t as popular until the 19th century. This is because many of the people didn’t know how to read or write, and therefore, had no use for a desk. As literacy grew, so did the need for desks within the home.
Desks have certainly evolved over the years. There were models with tops that could be removed, as well as desks with fold-down desks that came with a lock and key. Today, desks are made in a variety of shapes and sizes. Those who only have a limited space within their home, however, would do best with a small ladder desk.
The Leaning/Ladder Desk Buying Guide
- If you’re remodeling a room, check to see if the manufacturer has other matching furniture pieces. Oftentimes, you’ll also be able to purchase a bookshelf that complements the leaning desk perfectly.
- Always read the product description before you buy to determine whether or not you need certain tools to assemble the ladder desk. Some may say no tools are required. Some may also suggest you ask a friend for help, as it may be difficult for one person to hold multiple pieces at once during the assembly process. If you get stuck, the company may have a customer support number to walk you through the steps.
- In many cases, you’ll be given the chance to pay for expert assembly. While this is pricey, it may be worth it if you don’t have the time or abilities to put the leaning desks together on your own.
- If your ladder desk begins to get dusty, simply wipe it down with a damp lint-free cloth. Desks that are made of wood can be sprayed with a dust cleaner and wiped down with a dry rag.
- Some manufacturers don’t offer any guarantees or warranties, but it is possible to find a few companies that have a one-year manufacturer’s warranty on their ladder desks.
- There are several factors that influence the price of leaning desks, although these desks are pretty similarly priced. Some of the factors include the materials used, the number of shelves, the weight the ladder desk is able to hold and any special features.