BuildASign Sawtooth Installed Custom Picture Canvas
Last updated date: September 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Picture Canvases and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Picture Canvas you should buy.
Update as September 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Picture Canvas for a detailed review of all the top picture canvases.
You'll get a high-quality canvas with a high-quality print, stretched over a frame to 0.75 inches or 1.50 inches thickness. The inks used in printing are both odorless and eco-friendly to be both safe and ready to hang. Each print comes with a sawtooth that makes it easy to hang.
In our analysis, the BuildASign BuildASign Sawtooth Installed Custom Picture Canvas placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
High-quality print on premium canvas, professionally stretched on a wooden frame. 0.75" gallery thickness with mirror image wrap. Our certified eco-friendly, odorless latex inks provide lasting durability. Sawtooth installed, ready to hang! Proudly printed in Austin, Texas! Our canvas pros print over 1 million canvas prints annually. We know canvas!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Picture Canvases
Artwork can add to your décor. But few images make home feel like home the way photos of your own family members do. That can include your favorite furry loved ones as well as your human relatives and friends.
But you don’t have to limit your home décor to framed photos. A great canvas print can add a touch of class to your living spaces. Best of all, you can now upload your favorite image and have it turned into a quality print.
To create print canvases, an image is printed on the material, which is then stretched over a wood frame, then fitted with a hook for hanging. Most manufacturers will give you multiple size options, as well as various thicknesses to choose from. This makes it easy to customize your artwork to fit your space.
The thickness of a canvas print is important, too. The thickness refers to the depth of the canvas where the fabric is stretched over the sides of the frame. The standard thickness for an art gallery canvas print is 1.5 inches, but you’ll see them in varying thicknesses. Measure the height, length and thickness to make sure you know what you’re getting.
Once you’ve chosen a canvas you want, it’s time to upload your photo. For best results, choose the best quality photo you can. A minimum resolution of 75 DPI is recommended, and you’ll also need to follow the instructions for the format of file you can upload. The better the original image, the more likely you’ll get a great print.
The Picture Canvas Buying Guide
- Most canvas prints come in your choice of sizes. They’ll usually go as small as 8 by 10 inches, with 48 by 32 inches generally being the largest.
- Canvas prints use something called “mirrored edges,” which simply means the image wraps around the sides of the frame. Keep this in mind as you’re uploading the photo since the visible edge of your picture will extend farther than the front of the frame.
- Some canvases use a preview tool that lets you see what your canvas will look like before you order.
- The ink used to print your canvas is important. Make sure the manufacturer uses inks that won’t fade over time. If environmental friendliness is important to you, look for a seller that uses eco-friendly ink. It’s also valuable to find an ink that doesn’t emit an odor long after you’ve hung the canvas.
- Hanging the canvas should be fairly easy. Make sure your canvas includes hardware attached to the back, as well as any hardware you need to attach it to your wall.
- The quality of the product that print canvas sellers put out can vary dramatically. For best results, look at reviews from other customers and make sure you can get a refund if you’re disappointed. The print you receive should match what you saw in the preview before you purchased it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide