Budding Joy Non-Slip Easy Install Grab Bars, 2-Pack
Last updated: June 23, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Grab Bars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Grab Bar you should buy.
If you're looking for a little bit of extra support when showering, this grab bar set is an excellent choice. It supports up to 88 pounds and can be placed exactly where you need it. The suctions cups will hold it firmly in place without damaging your shower walls.
In our analysis, the Budding Joy Non-Slip Easy Install Grab Bars, 2-Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Sturdy and Durable – The shower handles is made of plastic, 2 suction cups with strong power, very sturdy and durable. You won’t slip even when wet, providing comfortable experience in bathroom, tub, shower and toilet handrail. NOTE: The product will work best on a flat, non-porous surface. An uneven surface or textured surface will result in a suction cup which is NOT securely fixed. Comfortable & Non Slip Grip – Two strong shower handle design works on any non-porous and flat surface, including tile, glass, acrylic and fiberglass. the grab bar provides additional stability when entering and exiting the tub or shower for comfortable experience.The suction grab bars for bathtubs and showers have comfortable easy to grip handles that ensure a non-slip grip for more stable and enhanced security. Tips – The shower handle is suitable for smooth, dry and clean surface. Clean and dry surfaces thoroughly before installation to ensure smooth, non-porous surfaces. Check the stability of the suction cup periodically. This grab bar is to be used ONLY to ASSIST and help support properly a person’s body, not to stand full body weight. Use with caution and test proof the suction of cups before using it. NOTE: The grab bars can not be mounted on grout seams. Easy to Install – Shower handle is easy to install, no tools required and no drilling needed. Just flip the locking latches to secure bar in place. You can change its location according to your current need. The grab bar doesn’t harm the surface it’s on nor leaves marks when placed right. Portable – Shower handle is portable and compact, so you can take it when you travel & easily install it in hotel rooms or guest bathrooms, take it with you everywhere you need, just push down the locking latches to firm or flip them up to release.
Grab Bar Rankings
A shower bar, also known as a grab bar, is an extra handle that is installed in the bath or shower to prevent people from slipping and falling. They are usually made from a rust-free metal and can be of varying lengths.
While commonly used to help seniors find stability on slippery bath surfaces, shower bars are also useful for adults and children. In fact, over 230,000 bathroom falls happen every year for people over 15 years old. In order to prevent unnecessary accidents, it’s critical to have a shower bar in place in your bathtub or shower.
Getting out of the bathtub can be difficult when you’re on a wet surface. Typically, bathtub sides are around 18 inches high, so it requires you to take a big step over. Shower stalls usually have a lip of around five inches, which can be easy to miss and trip over. If your balance isn’t good, or if you’re unsteady on a wet, soapy surface, having something helpful to grab on to can save you from injury.
When installing your shower bar, it’s vital to find the right place to put it up. A shower bar needs to be mounted onto a wall stud, otherwise it will not provide the stability and security you need. Ask a family member to stand in the bath or shower and climb out, so you can watch their hand placement. This will give you a good idea of where the shower bar needs to be mounted.
- Opt for a shower bar that is made from stainless steel or other metal that will not corrode from the water. This will ensure you don’t need to replace your shower bar frequently.
- Shower bars come in multiple lengths, with 18 inches being a common offering. You can also find shower bars that are as long as 24 inches. Take a look at your space to see what you can accommodate, and be sure to install it in the correct position to maximize effectiveness. Usually, shower bars are around 1.5 inches in diameter, so it’s easy to hold regardless of age. If you’re going to mount the shower bar horizontally, then you’ll need to get a longer one around 32 inches.
- Be wary of shower bars that leave a lot of space between the wall and the bar. If it sticks out too far, it can be hazardous as you can bump into it.
- Consider the surface of the shower bar and how textured it is. It’s important for the surface to be slip resistant so that when you’re holding on to it with wet hands, you don’t slide off. Choose a shower bar with a textured finish or one that is designed to be slip-resistant.
- It’s important to know the weight accommodation of the shower bar before you buy. If you mount one that cannot accommodate the weight of the person holding on to it, it could cause injuries. You can find shower bars with large pull forces, such as those that can manage 500 pounds.
- Consider the installation process and instructions. Review to make sure the hardware you need is included with the shower bar. In some cases, the materials for secure installation are sold separately. Before you purchase one, you’ll also want to make sure there is a wall stud in your bathroom which you can mount the bar on.
- If the aesthetics of the bar are important, look for one that has a concealed mount, so you don’t need to look at any screw holes or mounting hardware.